Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheap lowers

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Cheap lowers

From what we've heard the answer is yes. My main issue is the response I got the day after sandy hook when he rather abruptly told us hat if we weren't buying any of the ars on the shelf he was putting them in the back. The icing on the cake was why would I sell it to you guys at 800 bucks when I can sell them later at 5 grand. That was the last time I stepped foot in there. I don't even stop at his tables at gun shows. He will never get a penny from me

All good knowledge. I won't be going back there ever again.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    They mustn't like you. I've never had a problem. They usually have Anderson lowers.
    Last time I bought a stripped Anderson lower at 911 Tactical about a month or so ago, it was only $59.99. Their polymer lowers are cheaper last time I asked - maybe $39.99 but I'm not sure - but I don't know what make they were.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    Going to see what they got at the gun show tomorrow. If not I will give them a try. Honesdale is a bit of a hike but worst case, I can just go buy something I dont really need at Wallanpaupack Sports Shop on the way back.
    I was at 911 Tactical on Saturday, and they were out of lowers, but they have more on order. Northeast Firearms up the road stocks Anderson lowers, but they charge at least $20 more per unit than 911 Tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    I was at 911 Tactical on Saturday, and they were out of lowers, but they have more on order. Northeast Firearms up the road stocks Anderson lowers, but they charge at least $20 more per unit than 911 Tactical.
    Thanks for looking out for me. Think I am going to focus on my M&P9 for action pistol at matamoras rod and gun in April. So it looks like I will be putting the new AR build on the backburner. I also want to get another savage 22 with a heavy barrel for another project. Work needs to start ASAP.

(Lackawanna County)

Oh more m&p guys to beat lol. Waits for the other ones to jump my shit for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Oh more m&p guys to beat lol. Waits for the other ones to jump my shit for saying that.
    Never done IDPA or Action Pistol before. Does everyone use Glocks or Springfields?

(Lackawanna County)

You'll see a good mix
    I runa glock 34. The other guys at the top of the leaderboard run a glock 17 and three xd9. You'll see an interesting mix of firearms. Everything from revolvers to cz and tangfoglios.
    Just make sure you have at least three mags two mag pouches a holster and about 125 rounds. I typically bring 200 you'll want something to drink and snack on and sunscreen and Chapstick. Typical I'm stuck on stone bay all fucking day stuff too. You'll be close to your car so you don't have to trek it.

Almost forgot. Eye and ear pro as well

If you have any questions let me know. I'm pretty well hooked in. Main thing to remember is safety first my first match I was so amped up I missed a head shot at point blank range so you'll want to be safe and then work on your speed from there. You aren't going to win your first ever match and won't impress anyone by trying. Unless you shoot yourself or take a dq

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You'll see a good mix
    I runa glock 34. The other guys at the top of the leaderboard run a glock 17 and three xd9. You'll see an interesting mix of firearms. Everything from revolvers to cz and tangfoglios.
    Just make sure you have at least three mags two mag pouches a holster and about 125 rounds. I typically bring 200 you'll want something to drink and snack on and sunscreen and Chapstick. Typical I'm stuck on stone bay all fucking day stuff too. You'll be close to your car so you don't have to trek it.

Almost forgot. Eye and ear pro as well

If you have any questions let me know. I'm pretty well hooked in. Main thing to remember is safety first my first match I was so amped up I missed a head shot at point blank range so you'll want to be safe and then work on your speed from there. You aren't going to win your first ever match and won't impress anyone by trying. Unless you shoot yourself or take a dq
    About how many people go to these? I was thinking about spectating in April so I can check it out more.

(Lackawanna County)

April will probably be about 30 or so. Typically turn out is lower. I won't even bullshit you if you come and don't shoot you're gonna be pissed you missed one. You won't meet a nicer bunch of guys and spectating is a waste of a match. I'm the new match director too so if you want I can squad you with me so you don't have much to worry about and not knowing anyone or anything

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast