Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Have to go through NY what are the transport requirements?

I'm being forced due to family responsibility to go through NY. Obviously I'll be avoiding urban areas & any stops, and well not be spending the night in the people republic. Why are the requirements?

Unloaded.
    In the trunk in a case.
    Does the case have to be hard or locked?
    Does the ammo have to be in a separate case?

No chance I could open carry like a normal human being....
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Have to go through NY what are the transport requirements?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:

Provided
    , That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I'm being forced due to family responsibility to go through NY. Obviously I'll be avoiding urban areas & any stops, and well not be spending the night in the people republic. Why are the requirements?

Unloaded.
    In the trunk in a case.
    Does the case have to be hard or locked?
    Does the ammo have to be in a separate case?

No chance I could open carry like a normal human being....
    Any chance you can pick up ammo at your destination?

Open carry? HAAHHAHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAaaaaaaaa... ... <wheeze> HAAHHAHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAaaaaaaaa... ...

Disassemble the gun, weld the frame in a steel box, weld that in another steel box, weld that to the inside of the trunk, cross all of your fingers and toes, drive the speed limit, sacrifice 2 goats and a 40-year-old virgin, and MAYBE you can get thru PRNY without surprise butt sex.

Seriously, have you considered flying?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Any chance you can pick up ammo at your destination?

Open carry? HAAHHAHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAaaaaaaaa... ... <wheeze> HAAHHAHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAaaaaaaaa... ...

Disassemble the gun, weld the frame in a steel box, weld that in another steel box, weld that to the inside of the trunk, cross all of your fingers and toes, drive the speed limit, sacrifice 2 goats and a 40-year-old virgin, and MAYBE you can get thru PRNY without surprise butt sex.

Seriously, have you considered flying?

Considered it, but cost prevents it from being an option. As it is it is money I'd rather spend elsewhere, but family is family. I've already arranged transport in an unmarked auto not directly traceable to me.

Do you have 40 y/o Virgin for sale? Seems I'm in the market.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Tioga County)

Get two metal cases. Assuming a semi auto. Take the slide off. Put the gun and the slide in the box and lock it. Unload the mags and put the ammo in a ammo box. Put the mag(s) in the second box with the box of ammo. Put both boxes in the trunk. You should be good to go.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Washington County)

Do not take any mag that hold more than 10 rounds.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    Do not take any mag that hold more than 10 rounds.
    Thought that got over turned. Not that is matters. I'm an American (so I carry a 1911).
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Thought that got over turned. Not that is matters. I'm an American (so I carry a 1911).
    NYS law? What you may be thinking of is that the "you can have 10 round mags but only load 7 into them" part of the SAFE act. That was overturned.

But if you're talking some kind of FOPA amendment, I've not heard of such a thing. Even if I had, I would not recommend testing it. 10 round mags or under.

Obviously, you're good to go with 1911 mags.

I make a regular trip to CT from PA (of course). I have a LTCF in PA and a Pistol Permit in CT. I travel through both NJ and NY to go back and forth. My set up is simple. Two of these SnapSafe Lockbox with Key Locks. One contains my S&W Shield. The other contains precisely two empty eight round mags and a baggie with 15 rounds of FMJ 9mm ammo. Each container has a copy of my LTCF and Pistol Permit along with a copy of Title 18. The boxes are locked and in a back pack in the very rear of my SUV. The keys to the box are on my key ring. Have been doing this for over 6 years. No problems and I feel comfortable, however, never had and LEO encounter in NJ or NY. With that said.. hope I never do. Lastly, I do not stop for anything in NJ or NY. Gas up in PA and CT.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

In addition, and it's your choice, I would not bring anything into NYS that isn't NYS compliant.
    You are covered by the above stated law, but I wouldn't give any NYS JBT any excuses to detain you.

Also mags are potentially not covered under federal law.

If your 1911 is standard capacity you should be GTG, but its worth noting regardless.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast