Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Anyone own a Ruger SR22? #3604 aka Threaded Barrel model

so...

While waiting at cabelas for my pics check to come back on another firearm.. window shopping around the counter and the SR22 caught my eye, comfortable little gun and after reading google results and a few youtube vids, looks to be nice little gun but how about it guys?

any hands on in here with this little pistol? HV and standard rds? how does it run on subs thru a suppressor, any issues? FTF's? FTE's?

im not a handgun person, but the few i have will probably be buried with me cause its not like they are in the way or something, plus it takes me a while to get the feel for the gun so hence this post..

im just looking for real world, hands on experience with this little party popper

Default Re: Anyone own a Ruger SR22? #3604 aka Threaded Barrel model

I don't have the threaded barrel one, just the standard. I've fired everything from subsonic to Stingers. The subsonic don't work so good, as expected. Everything else works fine. I did some break in on it and good cleaning before I started checking on how it did. It's now the .22 I get asked to bring to the range by some ladies and kids. It's a fun gun.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Montgomery County)

I can't answer the suppressed questions...

But it's a fun little gun. The favorite load out of mine is CCI Std velocity so it will certainly run with a wide variety of ammo. I don't think you'd be going wrong here.

(Bucks County)

After looking at them I decided to get the M&P 22 Compact instead.

(Wayne County)

didnt handle it too much but the MP22 was also a nice gun, what was your deciding factor if you dont mind me asking?

the single action, hidden hammer weighed against it for me, vs double action, exposed hammer and de-cocker of the SR...

does the MP have a decocking mech of sorts? how would you unload and safety that weapon without dry firing to drop the hammer? i mean, dont get me wrong, im an M&P fan and own several M&P products and im not knocking it, just curious as to whats our there compared to the SR

(maybe i shouldve handled the M&P a little more)
    Last edited by ghost183; February 17th, 2016 at 11:33 AM.

(Bucks County)

Both seem fine for what they are. Main thing for me was how it felt. There are also some other differences but instead of typing them out take a look here, pretty much agree with it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W35GSgEfUOc

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Both seem fine for what they are. Main thing for me was how it felt. There are also some other differences but instead of typing them out take a look here, pretty much agree with it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W35GSgEfUOc

hmmm.. yah, i see your point, apples to apples,.. green apple to red apple sorta speak.. i dont know.. im still sold on the SR tho..

now if someone can chime in on suppressor characteristics, that would be the cherry on top..

(Cumberland County)

I own an SR22 and the thing is a real tank. It's a gun little gun and it shoots whatever I put into it, and I'm bad at cleaning it so it runs well dirty. Can't tell you how well it runs suppressed but from all the reviews I've seen the only .22 LR semi I've heard trumping it is the M&P 22 mainly because that is a full size handgun which makes it an better overall trainer.

(Lackawanna County)

It's very small new shooters love it. If I did it again I'd do the smith

(Chester County)

Also have an SR22 with the regular and threaded barrel. I like this over a lot of the other style size .22s on the market. The SR22 comes pretty close to normal style of a regular handgun with the mag release and safety and decock in the same place at the Ruger SR guns. Different grips for small and large hands.

First time shooting it I did mostly shoot CCI #0030 mini mags. They run and work in anything. Since about 2-300 rounds I have started to play around with other HV .22lr but I do stick to the HV rounds so i know it fires well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast