Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: AR-15 80% Receiver - Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Speaking of tinkering, I want to make one of these.

Ok .....I need to do this

(Berks County)

Random thought...........

If you bought the lower 80% lower on line, or the jigs or tools. Just how much 'ghost' does your 'ghost gun' actually have??

If you got them from a gun show and used a credit card you are also low on the 'ghost' factor.

Ditto for the part to finish the build, the magazines and ammo.

I have done 3 so far. And I did this just because I wanted a challenge. I did one in AR10/DPMS flavor as a mid range setup, and one M4 and one lower that I am going to finish as a DMR set up. I know I saved v very little if any money, but the challenge was a bit of a thrill.

Now on to the TM 1911 frames that I have.
    gotta love her ;)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post

If you bought the lower 80% lower on line, or the jigs or tools. Just how much 'ghost' does your 'ghost gun' actually have??

If you got them from a gun show and used a credit card you are also low on the 'ghost' factor.

I have done 3 so far. And I did this just because I wanted a challenge. I did one in AR10/DPMS flavor as a mid range setup, and one M4 and one lower that I am going to finish as a DMR set up. I know I saved v very little if any money, but the challenge was a bit of a thrill.

Yup. If I were buying one it would be at a gun show and with cash. Almost pointless otherwise if you're going for the "no paper trail" route.
    I mentioned the same in the OTHER 80% lower thread that was started about a week or two before this thread. LOL

I may or may not have assembled between one and one hundred AR15 carbines completely sourced from legal private, and local shop cash transactions.
    If I did, I may or may not have posted photos here.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I did, I may or may not have posted photos here.
    I hope the driveway rocks were paid for in cash...

(Lancaster County)

damn thieves busted into my house stole my jig and lowers before I could ever get around to milling any of them out....then they lost them in the ocean trying to escape on a boat with the rest of my firearms

Dude, thats real ghost

(Berks County)

Damn all you guys to the eternal fires of hell. Now y'all have me thinking about more stuff.

(Allegheny County)

While I am 100% on board with more guns that the government can not keep track of, I don't have any inclination to booger up a chunk of aluminum in the hopes of ending up with a reliably functioning rifle - not when I can buy a stripped lower, a completed lower, or for that matter, a complete rifle, FTF from a private seller and still have no paper trail.

For now.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    While I am 100% on board with more guns that the government can not keep track of, I don't have any inclination to booger up a chunk of aluminum in the hopes of ending up with a reliably functioning rifle - not when I can buy a stripped lower, a completed lower, or for that matter, a complete rifle, FTF from a private seller and still have no paper trail.

For now.
    what can I say I like to make shit.......Its a curse sort of like a certain thread in this forum that causes me to magically transfer money from my bank account to numerous vendors who provide excellent deals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast