Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: The NRA plan to push guns on campus • "Making A Killing" • ***IDIOT ALERT***

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I hear what you are saying, and I should have been more specific in that it is more a matter of maturity by age than student status. I really do not want to see bing drunk students carrying. Yes many students are mature enough to carry, but can that be sorted out? It's a dilemma as I see it.
    Most kids party OFF CAMPUS these days as alcohol has been banned so those of age could carry anyway.

(Perry County)

Default Re: The NRA plan to push guns on campus • "Making A Killing" • ***IDIOT ALERT***

Forget the propaganda video because it ti BS.

I support that staff and faculty of colleges and universities ought to be allowed to carry on campus. I do not support students be able to carry on campus. I really have no need to promote gun sales the way the NRA does. My opinion is based on having seen2 kids through college. Let's face it in most colleges many kids drink excessively. That combined with a gun is a recipe for disaster. The greatest danger in any school is an active shooter preying upon students, faculty, and administration. The best defense is a mature faculty and administration that carries. Mature judgement is critical in an active shooter situation, and mature judgement id a by-product of mature people.
    I hear what you are saying, and I should have been more specific in that it is more a matter of maturity by age than student status. I really do not want to see bing drunk students carrying. Yes many students are mature enough to carry, but can that be sorted out? It's a dilemma as I see it.
    Very solid anti-arguments. How about we allow those lawfully allowed to carry a firearm make that call for themselves. Yup, I drank too much in college. I also had a gun in my dorm room against regulation because I was a part time corrections officer. One of my good friend had already done a 4 year stint in the Navy. There is no reason to single out younger adults unless you're going to demand that no one under 25 be allowed to buy or carry a firearm.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Tioga County)

Think a minute. The age to buy a gun is 21. The age to get a LTCF is 21. If you start college at 18 you would be a senior by the time you can get one. Most students I have known by that time have settled down considerably. There more worried about graduation than partying.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Chester County)

I went to Temple for college. If I could have carried, I would have. Looking back, it was stupid not to carry especially when I got done wring term papers at 3AM and having to walk back from the tech center or library. The dark walk through the projects to the train station wasn't very safe either. Regardless, if I went back to school (any school) for my master's, I'd carry and keep my mouth shut.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Warren County)

Who are you to deny a non-prohibited (legal) 21 year old the right to carry, because some of their peers seem "immature" to you?

We trust soldiers sailors arimen and marines.... but not civilians?

INNOCENT until proven guilty. How about that?

Jeeze we got enough trouble with the Left wanting to infringe our 2A rights without us doing it, too!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Westmoreland County)

Forget the propaganda video because it ti BS.

I support that staff and faculty of colleges and universities ought to be allowed to carry on campus. I do not support students be able to carry on campus. I really have no need to promote gun sales the way the NRA does. My opinion is based on having seen2 kids through college. Let's face it in most colleges many kids drink excessively. That combined with a gun is a recipe for disaster. The greatest danger in any school is an active shooter preying upon students, faculty, and administration. The best defense is a mature faculty and administration that carries. Mature judgement is critical in an active shooter situation, and mature judgement id a by-product of mature people.
    I graduated college in my late twenties and was and am a teetotaler. I carried concealed in violation of local rules, back when "gun on campus" wasn't the big deal it is today. Figured I could start over somewhere else if I got expelled for saving my own life.

Please, do tell me why my late twenty something self needed to be lumped in with over aged juveniles living the Fraternity Life.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Gun Free zones - they work!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I graduated college in my late twenties and was and am a teetotaler. I carried concealed in violation of local rules, back when "gun on campus" wasn't the big deal it is today. Figured I could start over somewhere else if I got expelled for saving my own life.

Please, do tell me why my late twenty something self needed to be lumped in with over aged juveniles living the Fraternity Life.
    I would say you are probably more the exception, than the rule.

(Washington County)

If we ban college students from carrying, then why not the general public. There are drunks and idiots in all walks of life but we should not legistrate to restrict everyone because of a few. More college age people are killed in auto accidents than are killed by shooting so maybe we should ban cars on campus. If you are mature enough to carry then you should be able to carry. I was to busy working two jobs and going to school to do any partying.

(Montgomery County)

College students are so freaking stupid sometimes. They can be so easily swayed and it's frightening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast