Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Lancer MAG Group Buy. BUY IS CLOSED 3/15/16

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I got to this tread late (just read the first and last couple of pages) and I am confused.

Did anyone send him any money and get scammed?

Did anyone think he was going to front a check for $11,000?
    Reference post #137

Maybe we are gullible for believing he had bought them. I'm sure it is the sole reason people have been hanging on so long because it was laid out by the OP he had paid out the money, and no one in the GB wants the guy to be screwed out of that much cash (not that he couldn't resell) over his family problems. Most also want to finish the GB before the election for obvious reasons.
    This forum revolves around an expensive hobby and for some 11k isn't a big deal.
    No one was scammed out of any money just a lot of folks being concerned for the guys family and wallet.
    Most of us are honest guys who want to keep their word especially with knowing someone may have paid out for us based on our orders.
    Hopefully this clarifies
    Last edited by AJRB; September 29th, 2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo

(Allegheny County)

Since this started:

I had the money to get a few.
    Then I didn't and had to bow out.
    Then I did.
    Then I didn't again.
    Then I did.
    Then I didn't.
    Then I did.
    Then I didn't.
    Then I did but I bought some $6 USGI mags
    Then I didn't have any money for these.
    Then I did.
    Then I didn't.
    Then I did.
    Now I don't.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Removed.
    Last edited by MJH; December 9th, 2016 at 10:24 AM.

(Tioga County)

I was tempted by the group buy but ending up passing and I'm not surprised. It always seems like half the time you participate in these things there is always some complicated arrangement involved or it simply goes bad with excuses about drunk uncles or a raging case of the herpetitus fungus that requires weeks in the hospital or some such thing. In the end you might save a few bucks(if you actually get your product), but for me I'd rather pay extra, order from a reputable business and get my product a few days later.

I'm telling you. It's Wakefield's revenge!
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

What a joke this was.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Since this thread started:
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming.
    Email is coming
    Email is coming

The part that really bugs me is the fact that he has time to frequent other forums on a VERY regular basis. I guess an update here wouldn't make a difference because it would be just like the previous 15...."sending emails this weekend"..."sending emails tomorrow"..."sending emails in a couple days".

I wonder if Lancer knows, or would even care, that members of a PA oriented forum were used to obtain these magazines at group buy prices and then those same pawns never received the opportunity to actually buy? I said a few months ago that it was possible this was an attempt to get buyers to drop out versus just outright denying them the opportunity to buy. Funny that the timing is just prior to a likely panic where these cheap magazines will bring considerably more money to somebody that used the forum members to obtain lower pricing and who now just so happens to be sitting on a large quantity.

Other possibilities come to mind but that one is top on my list of reasons for this neverending drama.

Whatever family issues are going on are none of our business...but I will say that we all have family issues to one degree or another. Using that as an excuse for delaying this over half of a year is just a bad joke at this point. I know a few full blow alcoholics that work 2 jobs and would have handled this group buy in much less time.

I'm sure he will be along soon to sling more promises.
    I really hope he isn't playing games with these mags...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Since this thread started:

I wonder if Lancer knows, or would even care, that members of a PA oriented forum were used to obtain these magazines at group buy prices and then those same pawns never received the opportunity to actually buy? I said a few months ago that it was possible this was an attempt to get buyers to drop out versus just outright denying them the opportunity to buy. Funny that the timing is just prior to a likely panic where these cheap magazines will bring considerably more money to somebody that used the forum members to obtain lower pricing and who now just so happens to be sitting on a large quantity.

Other possibilities come to mind but that one is top on my list of reasons for this neverending drama.

Whatever family issues are going on are none of our business...but I will say that we all have family issues to one degree or another. Using that as an excuse for delaying this over half of a year is just a bad joke at this point. I know a few full blow alcoholics that work 2 jobs and would have handled this group buy in much less time.

I'm sure he will be along soon to sling more promises.

I actually called Lancer a couple days ago. The guy said "he read the threads and since it was a private transaction between the customer and Lancer he really could not elaborate"

Good job on Lancers part for at least reading this thread, and treading carefully and respecting the OP. As I wrote a while back, none of us are out money, just a little time and aggravation over being led on this long. If he wants thousands of dollars of mags Im glad the OP has the money to buy them. BUT at least just tell me so I can unsubscribe to this thread and use the money to buy pmags when I see them on sale. Its pretty douchey to keep stringing this along.

And as I end every post, my offer to help pack and ship since I am local still stands.

(Allegheny County)

from MEWE... 19 days ago...

group.jpg

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlish View Post
    I actually called Lancer a couple days ago. The guy said "he read the threads and since it was a private transaction between the customer and Lancer he really could not elaborate"

Good job on Lancers part for at least reading this thread, and treading carefully and respecting the OP. As I wrote a while back, none of us are out money, just a little time and aggravation over being led on this long. If he wants thousands of dollars of mags Im glad the OP has the money to buy them. BUT at least just tell me so I can unsubscribe to this thread and use the money to buy pmags when I see them on sale. Its pretty douchey to keep stringing this along.

And as I end every post, my offer to help pack and ship since I am local still stands.
    The group buy ended 6 and a half months ago, I wouldn't string yourself along any longer but go out and buy the mags you want.

I've been around long enough to see these group buys go down and similar type stuff on ebay and other places for almost 20 years. When months go by and you're getting the "my wifes cousins friend got hit by a tractor and lost his toe, my car got tore up by a deranged tiger and then my roof caved in and crushed my computer, etc.", sorry pal it's not gonna happen.

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast