Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Broker

(Erie County)

Default Re: Gun Broker

I've only bought one gun on GB, Taurus M85. Even with shipping and transfer fee, I saved 25% over even KY Gun or Buds. Got it NIB from Sportsmans Supply in Butler. No problems with transaction. I browse occasionally looking for a rare deal on a couple of guns I wish I had never sold. :-)

(Berks County)

Gunbroker twice. One was local and we met face to face at lgs. One was an impossible to get any other way gun. The never shot part of discription was total lie. Still happy I was able to get it. Total over pay but you only live once. Top break mini 22mag. Gunbroker is option of last resort for me. Gunginie is way easy.

(Philadelphia County)

By no way did I back out of the deal. I used them for a few years and stopped. Everything I had was purchased and paid for. When I decided to use them again I went to do what I normally would do "Buy Now" (BTW) I don't bid I don't have time to sit and do things like that. Hence Buy now option being used. However they were slow in getting information to me regarding the accusation 1). 2) There was no info on a screen that I could see what it was as there was limited transaction history, 3) The admin began to be a dick about it. So now I just use them as the middleman to find what I want and contact the seller if local for a FTF, and cut them out of the deal completely. There's more than one road around an idiot. Yeah sounds mean, but hey it's business. I have managed to build a rapport with some of the local and not so local shops that are on there and they get my business directly, which comes with more business from my friends and family.

(Delaware County)

I have bought and sold on gun broker, no problems.

(Lackawanna County)

In the past two years, I've purchased eight firearms on Gunbroker.

I've had more problems with local FFL shops handling the transfers than problems with the sellers. Most recent purchase has been a jerk-around for a whole week with a local FFL. Snowed-in, computer not working, won't take calls, won't return calls, excuses left & right. Finally emailed the seller (who was very patient with problems on my end), and told him I'll be using another dealer, FFL to come within next few hours.

Only one auction went sour. Won auction and was ready to send money, seller actually called me and apologized that gun was sold during the day in the shop and he failed to pull the auction. I was pissed, but he even admitted he screwed up and lost money by selling it in shop. Facepalm for him.

(Monroe County)

I have bought and sold on GB for years now. Never had any issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123