Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Great American Outdoors Show

Was there today. Entered at 10am and left at 2pm. It was like attending a major national level conference and walking a massive Exhibitor Hall. While there were things to buy here and there, it was not a gun show. On the shooting side, the manufacturer displays were very nice and what one would expect from Colt, Smith Wesson, Remington, etc.. I did notice that Glock and Ruger were not present. I had a free pass to show because I renewed my NRA membership. Not sure I would want to pay for entry. Also, parking was $10 on site.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    please report on how the show is. it makes its way over here soon, and, the wife and daughter would like to go. (we like to fish, and always enjoy the birds of prey)
    Saw a great demonstration by a falconer. Had 2 different hawks, one red-tailed, forgot what the other was. Awesome demo especially when he had one of the hawks fly to its perch right in front of me. Cool

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Was there today. Entered at 10am and left at 2pm. It was like attending a major national level conference and walking a massive Exhibitor Hall. While there were things to buy here and there, it was not a gun show. On the shooting side, the manufacturer displays were very nice and what one would expect from Colt, Smith Wesson, Remington, etc.. I did notice that Glock and Ruger were not present. I had a free pass to show because I renewed my NRA membership. Not sure I would want to pay for entry. Also, parking was $10 on site.
    I was sad Ruger wasn't there. I'm looking for a revolver and wanted to check out the Vaquero. Did get to fondle a Colt Single Action revolver.

(Lancaster County)

I spent the entire day there, very crowded. not a place Id go to buy accessories, IMHO prices where a bit inflated for trinkets and gadgets and especially the food. unlike the typical gun show (selling) The handling and fondling of arms at the exhibits is unmatched and encouraged, not to mention the hotties at the exhibitors booths encouraging the fondling ??? stopped by extreme bullets, nice touch was a few more hotties giving out free bullet samples scooping them out of hoppers with scoops as I remember hard candies in my youth. tons of stuff for my 8 yr old daughter to check out and free swag everywhere. a great way to spend a day... Ill be at Oaks tomorrow for the real spending, spent too much time at the FNH USA booth handling an FN FNX 45, one will probably follow me home tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12