Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default Share your "limp wristing" experiences....

I have seen different individuals handle the same identical semi-auto handgun with completely different pistol performance outcomes.

I have also seen a gun that hangs-up via FTF,or FTE when fired single handed vs. a solid two handed stance.

This is a phenomenon that I have taken a long time to understand and accept.

I do have some pistols, the Sig P250, and the BG 380 that did not exhibit any of these tendencies when shot with looser grip.

I wonder if "limp wristing" could be engineered out of these pistols?

From now on, as much as possible, it is a solid 2 handed stance for me.
    Last edited by Hokkmike; February 10th, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

Default Re: Share your "limp wristing" experince(s)

the guns it happens to me with are my desert eagle 44 mag and my db9, from what I can tell is its due to their heavier than normal recoil springs.

(Washington County)

I load 9mm kind of light for USPSA. I was letting my 100 lb fiancee shoot my 17 with my USPSA loads and she was having FTE and FTF pretty consistently. I at first was treating it like she was limp wristing, and then I thought about the ammo and swapped in some stronger loads and then some factory carry ammo. She shot those fine. She was able to support the gun enough to shoot standard loads, but not the light loads I normally shoot. I thought that was interesting.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Delaware County)

I've never told anyone this, but here it goes..... I actually enjoyed the movie "The notebook" and teared up a little at the end.
    It only happened once and I watched Rocky #1 and #2 over and over again the next day to purge my shame.

I have seen it happen a few times.

(Beaver County)

I happens to me everyonce in a while at IDPA when I have to shoot one handed non dominant side. Basicly when I shoot lefty.

But I've also have had both of my hands surgically reattached a few years back so some fatigue is bound to happen over the course of a match.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Cumberland County)

I think limp wristing is not nearly as easy to accomplish as some make it out to be. Any of my guns I've tried to purposely hold onto the gun loosely and shoot it with little to no success in causing a malfunction of some sort.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I load 9mm kind of light for USPSA. I was letting my 100 lb fiancee shoot my 17 with my USPSA loads and she was having FTE and FTF pretty consistently. I at first was treating it like she was limp wristing, and then I thought about the ammo and swapped in some stronger loads and then some factory carry ammo. She shot those fine. She was able to support the gun enough to shoot standard loads, but not the light loads I normally shoot. I thought that was interesting.
    Saw the same thing with my wife. Even though my glock 34 was tuned for the ammo she would get it to lock up frequently

(Allegheny County)

My S&W Sigma 9mm would do it. I figured it out shooting one handed off hand. I met a guy at an SGL range that was having the same problem, he had a loose teacup grip. I shot his firearm with a better grip and the problem went away. I then gave him some grip pointers and the problem went away as well. This was also with Russian steel ammo.

I've intentionally limp wristed other firearms to see what would happen never had much problems.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Montgomery County)

It happened with a new G17 when I was a new shooter and using Federal Champion 9mm (pretty weak stuff).

A great reason to carry +P ammo besides the better ballistics. You won't always been shooting with a solid two hand grip and hotter ammo will decrease your chance of an incomplete cycle malfunction.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast