Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default .22 Semi-Auto recommendations

Looking to get a .22 semi-auto here very soon, but don't want to break the bank...not looking to spend anymore than $350 and would LOVE to find 1 under $300 that's a known reliable .22...

I like the Walther P22, but they're damn expensive and I'm not fond on their magazine release.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Default Re: .22 Semi-Auto recommendations

I have an older Ruger Mk1. It has been extremely reliable and accurate. From what I've read, the Ruger Mk2's and 3's are also excellent choices.

(Washington County)

P22 is a good choice. I only paid 249.00 at Gander just before Christmas. Wait for a sale.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

(Dauphin County)

I have a Sig Sauer Mosquito and a Smith and Wesson .22a and they both eat almost everything thrown at them.

Both are under 350.00

(Pike County)

Talking Re: .22 Semi-Auto recommendations

I LOVE THE P22 BUT WITH TE SLIDE PROBLEMS,IT GRINDS LITTLE BY LITTLE,BROWNING BUCKMARK ARE AWESOME,AND FOR A CHANGE THE SW 22 IS A GREAT SHOOTER AND NOT A BANK BREAKER,AND AT LAST BUT ALMOST THE BEST,RUGERS MK,TEST RUGER,SW AND BROWNING,YOU WILL MAKE A GOOD CHOICE.....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Chester County)

Ruger MKIII 22/45. I love shooting mine. Andrew I had it at the shoot and I think I even asked you if you wanted to shoot it.

Mine will eat any ammo I put into it. I usually feed it bulk ammo. I stay away from the Remington Thunderbolts. They were dirty and seemed to be very inconsistant. I like the Federal Auto-Match bulk packs and the Winchester Xpert22's.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Ruger MKIII 22/45. I love shooting mine. Andrew I had it at the shoot and I think I even asked you if you wanted to shoot it.

Mine will eat any ammo I put into it. I usually feed it bulk ammo. I stay away from the Remington Thunderbolts. They were dirty and seemed to be very inconsistant. I like the Federal Auto-Match bulk packs and the Winchester Xpert22's.
    you probably did.....I didn't shoot too many of other peoples guns...shot guns4fun's ar-15 with the .22 conversion, SFN's Glock 26 (I think that was the model?) and Pennsy's 1911...

I do like the p22 by Walther, so I might start to look at them more..I think my g/f shot a few rounds out of guns4fun's p22...not sure though.

i have a walther p22 and absolutely love it. if you dont mind the drive, you can come on up and give it a shot.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We just put the p22 through it's paces today and it's a damn good little gun. There's no reason you have to pay over $300 for one, and it's a hell of a good shooter.

Yeah, the mag release is weird. That's our bigest complaint, but it's nowhere near a dealbreaker. Just takes some getting used to.

It's important to note with the mosquito, the manual says only to use cci mini-mags. collagrrl uses them excluseively and has no problems. We were at the range with another .22 shooter. We had the walther, he had the mosquito. His mosquito was jamming every other round with bulk ammo. I gave him some mini-mags which worked fine. He gave me the rest of the bulk ammo which the walther ate just fine.

It's a damn fine little gun. I'd say the ruger is a damn fine choice as well. It just dosn't holster as well.

But don't write off the p22. So far we've been really pleased with it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JP720 View Post
    i have a walther p22 and absolutely love it. if you dont mind the drive, you can come on up and give it a shot.
    I've shot one..KnightZero, who I knew personally before PAFOA, has 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast