Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: FTF issues from 14 Round Mags on Sig 227 ??

I've been using a P227 for about two years now. The only FTF issues I've had with either the 10Rd or 14 Rd magazines were on a break-in the first time used. I had a couple that seemed to be a big tight on loading and then cycling with a slow lock-up on a few rounds. Once those magazines were used one time, there were NO subsequent FTF issues whatsoever. That was with only a couple of the magazines. Most worked flawlessly out of the box.

BTW, Nice MK25. I still prefer a .45 ACP however. I DO carry a 9MM on occasion and that is almost always a Sig M-11A1 or less frequently an older German P226.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    Went to Tanner's today and solved my problem.
    Attachment 81054
    Nice. I have one myself. I would like to get the M11 down the road as well.

Pick up some 18 round mecgar mags. That's what I use in mine.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I've been using a P227 for about two years now. The only FTF issues I've had with either the 10Rd or 14 Rd magazines were on a break-in the first time used. I had a couple that seemed to be a big tight on loading and then cycling with a slow lock-up on a few rounds. Once those magazines were used one time, there were NO subsequent FTF issues whatsoever. That was with only a couple of the magazines. Most worked flawlessly out of the box.

BTW, Nice MK25. I still prefer a .45 ACP however. I DO carry a 9MM on occasion and that is almost always a Sig M-11A1 or less frequently an older German P226.
    Thank you! I love Tanners. They seem to have their customer service ducks in a row. I hear ya on the .45. I am at that stage where i have to take into account my spouse's comfort level at shooting a bigger caliber as well ( in case i get incapacitated, she needs to be able to pick up the weapon and continue the fight ). She prefers the 9mm to the .45 and i am ok with that. Also, am a huge proponent of shot placement vs. large entry holes. I had a 1911 before because it was an itch I HAD TO SCRATCH, to hell with the consequences. it wore off eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    Nice. I have one myself. I would like to get the M11 down the road as well.

Pick up some 18 round mecgar mags. That's what I use in mine.
    This one came with a 18 round Mec Gar. I am getting 2 more 18 rounders. I am hunting for holsters now for IWB carry and am Looking hard at StealthGear. If i get a OWB, i will probably be getting a bravo concealment.

(Cumberland County)

Hmm. I use aliengear holsters. I got an OWB holster for my 226, but I rarely carry it since I mainly carry my p320c. The 226 is just too big outside of open carrying it.

(Bucks County)

Hmm. I use aliengear holsters. I got an OWB holster for my 226, but I rarely carry it since I mainly carry my p320c. The 226 is just too big outside of open carrying it.
    I have no idea what it is about your posts....are you psychic??? I just placed an order this morning for these:

Email Capture.JPG

I wonder what is next for me, perhaps a P320c???

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTailhound View Post
    I have no idea what it is about your posts....are you psychic??? I just placed an order this morning for these:

Email Capture.JPG

I wonder what is next for me, perhaps a P320c???
    Haha, well if you want a polymer striker fired pistol that is like a G19 that you don't need to buy sights for, and comes with a better trigger than I would recommend it. Oh an d it is made by Sig which is a plus. You'll like those holsters. I got one for my CZ-75 P01, 1911, P320c, 229, and the OWB 226. You can remove the shells and put them on any of the backs as well so if I want to change out my 226 shell and carry my 320c I can.

(Bucks County)

Haha, well if you want a polymer striker fired pistol that is like a G19 that you don't need to buy sights for, and comes with a better trigger than I would recommend it. Oh an d it is made by Sig which is a plus. You'll like those holsters. I got one for my CZ-75 P01, 1911, P320c, 229, and the OWB 226. You can remove the shells and put them on any of the backs as well so if I want to change out my 226 shell and carry my 320c I can.
    i was reading an older post here were a firearm was confiscated by the PD for 19 months while they investigated a breaking and entering and the robber subsequently getting shot. I will probably be getting a Sig 229 as an alternate and just buy the kydex shells for that - excellent advice.

(Indiana County)

i bought a 227 TACOPS last year. Every 14 rd mag FTF. I contacted sig and they admitted an issue with the 14 rd mags. they sent me 2 ten rounders while i sent my 14 rd mags back to be replaced. The springs were too light to feed. The issues have been corrected. my 227 was made nov 2014. I think any 227 made in 2015 were shipped with mags that should not have issues but not sure.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by maa148 View Post
    i bought a 227 TACOPS last year. Every 14 rd mag FTF. I contacted sig and they admitted an issue with the 14 rd mags. they sent me 2 ten rounders while i sent my 14 rd mags back to be replaced. The springs were too light to feed. The issues have been corrected. my 227 was made nov 2014. I think any 227 made in 2015 were shipped with mags that should not have issues but not sure.
    which is why I went on some really good advice here and got me the 226. why fix what ain't broke?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12