Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Question A ffl question for shipped guns.

I think the answer to my question is that all sales that are shipped in PA MUST be from FFL to FFL. Is that 100% correct, required by law or is it just the standard practice?

I asked a lgs owner about that an he equivocated and would not say yes. I am not trying to avoid anything.

We have all seen auctions where the seller ask that the receiving FFL be able to accept shipment from an individual.

Thanks for any info.

Joe

Default Re: A ffl question for shipped guns.

The private sale of long guns is legal in PA so technically you can purchase a long arm from me and with proof of age I can ship it to your home assuming you are a PA resident.

It is state law that handgun Transfers be made through an FFL.

If the items are C&R eligible long arm or pistol they can be shipped directory assuming the buyer has the proper 03FFL.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 7th, 2016 at 11:16 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Handguns must be transferred through a FFL or sheriff in PA, except between certain family members. There is no law requiring it to be shipped from FFL to FFL. Some FFL's require it via their own policy.

In PA you can ship long guns between residents of PA, no FFL required. But good luck finding a common carrier or a USPS office to allow it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Handguns must be transferred through a FFL or sheriff in PA, except between certain family members. There is no law requiring it to be shipped from FFL to FFL. Some FFL's require it via their own policy.

In PA you can ship long guns between residents of PA, no FFL required. But good luck finding a common carrier or a USPS office to allow it.
    I've been using UPS for years to ship long guns without ever an issue. You will just need to ship it from a hub or schedule a pick up.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fimore View Post
    I think the answer to my question is that all sales that are shipped in PA MUST be from FFL to FFL. Is that 100% correct, required by law or is it just the standard practice?

I asked a lgs owner about that an he equivocated and would not say yes. I am not trying to avoid anything.

We have all seen auctions where the seller ask that the receiving FFL be able to accept shipment from an individual.

Thanks for any info.

Joe

If you haven't seen this sticky, read it.
    Written by a FFL.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=56807