Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Washington University and United Way join forces on gun violence prevention

“Violence in our community is an issue that affects every one of us, no matter who we are or where we live,” said Chancellor Mark S. Wrighton. “It is a problem that requires a coordinated response, and we each must play a role in finding a solution. This collaborative represents a significant step forward in organizing efforts that are already underway in the St. Louis region on the individual, civic and governmental levels.”

https://source.wustl.edu/2016/02/was...ce-prevention/

How long before being violent is deemed a “sickness”? And shooting them becomes a hate crime?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Washington University and United Way join forces on gun violence prevention

The solution is to get father's to take responsibility for their families and in particular their sons. The complete destruction of the black family by the Federal and State governments is the prime cause of the majority of violence. There is violent crime in every population in the world but it has grown exponentially among the black community because of break down of the family. I know they don't want to hear that but the truth has to be dealt with at some point. I have never cared if someone called me racist, the word no longer has a meaning.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Default Re: Washington University and United Way join forces on gun violence prevention

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The solution is to get father's to take responsibility for their families and in particular their sons. The complete destruction of the black family by the Federal and State governments is the prime cause of the majority of violence. There is violent crime in every population in the world but it has grown exponentially among the black community because of break down of the family. I know they don't want to hear that but the truth has to be dealt with at some point. I have never cared if someone called me racist, the word no longer has a meaning.
    It is the 800 pound elephant in the room nobody will discuss but which affects nearly every community. Almost all gun control measures being pushed are being pushed because of this element of our society.

(Wayne County)

I wonder if the Chancellor will be out working the HOOD at night.

It will all very quickly turn into liberal screams for more gun control.

(Delaware County)

I didn't know that many people even gave to united way anymore. I remember in the mid 60s it was unusual for anyone not to give to the fund. Of course their political agenda was not as corrupt or at least not as obviously so during that time of innocence.

I have not seen a request for donations from the United Way at my work for some years.

(Susquehanna County)

JenniferG is correct. Not many politicians or "journalists" will admit it but Blacks are about 13% of the population. Yet they're responsible for 37% of murders and 90% of black murder victims are other blacks. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey or a total of 6.48 million crimes of violence 22.4% are perpetrated by black, but again they represent 13% of the total population.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    There is no such thing as "gun violence" any more than car violence. Inanimate object cannot commit violence acts, these acts come from the human heart. Liberals have always had a difficult time pinpointing the root cause of a problem. "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

The liberals created this problem by removing prayer from the schools. Now they want to "fix" it by removing more of our
    freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    JenniferG is correct. Not many politicians or "journalists" will admit it but Blacks are about 13% of the population. Yet they're responsible for 37% of murders and 90% of black murder victims are other blacks. According to the National Crime Victimization Survey or a total of 6.48 million crimes of violence 22.4% are perpetrated by black, but again they represent 13% of the total population.
    Actually, blacks are 13% of the population but are responsible for about 53% of all homocides.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Actually, blacks are 13% of the population but are responsible for about 53% of all homocides.
    Depends on the source of the data. From table 3 FBI Uniform Crime Report 2014

total number of offenders 13,897 black or African - American 5,173 percentage distribution 37.2%

Still way too many given their total representation in the population!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".