Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD 2a Refugee

(York County)

Default MD 2a Refugee

Hey ya'll. Thought I'd do a proper introduction. I'm a late 20's native Marylander refugee to Hanover. Have lived everywhere from my small hometown near Frederick, Frederick city, southeast Baltimore, Taneytown and South Carolina and loving York/Lancaster county. Longtime Maryland Shooter's forum member. Feels like home here. Nice people, plenty to do, affordable and safe (shall issue!). Hanover is paradise. Looking forward to meeting some other good 2A and motorcycle folks in the area. Been in Hanover/PA for a while now and never going back to Maryland. Don't worry I won't be voting Democrat either, although I did vote for Franchot (along with Hogan) in last election. The roads aren't nearly as bad as Marylanders make them out to be up here and York City kinda sucks. Everything else is badass. Thanks for having me!

(Washington County)

Default Re: MD 2a Refugee

Welcome. I think you'll like it here in Pa.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Berks County)

Welcome to the site and Pa. We are better than the nearby commie states. Glad to hear that you will be voting to keep it that way.

(York County)

I think hanover is mainly Md transplants. Every single person I talk to moved there from Md. Go to Batemans or Aroogas for a Ravens/Steelers game and you will see.

I've been here a little over ten years and would never consider going back to Md. I do disagree on one thing you said though.... the roads up here suck.

(York County)

Another York County (east side here) from yet another Maryland escapee. The Mrs and I moved here November 2005 from Baltimore County, unfortunately I still work there. It's a good job that I have not been able to swap locally in this recent economy. I'm also a member of Maryland Shooters, under the same username.

York City, like Hanover, and even Baltimore city for that matter, has areas to avoid as well as it's attractions, but everything is on a much smaller and tighter scale. All I'll say is that we have found the explorations worth the time and effort for a number of places and events.

Concerning get-togethers or meet 'n' greets, I'm not sure we do those here with the frequency we once did, but all it ever takes is for someone to have the idea and initiative, call the ball, and push it forward. "People will come, Ray." Your yard, a park, and range trip, whatever. People will come.

We also have our own Annual Pro 2A Lobbying event in Harrisburg, on May24th this year...

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=296659

...so aside from an opportunity to meet some folks, many of whom used to spend a lot of time here but now can mostly be found on Facebook, you can introduce yourself to Pa politics and maybe even PA politicians. Most of the State Reps know well in advance we are coming that day and primarily the only ones sticking around are already Pro 2A. That's pleasant, but it's hard to hit the anti's with your message when you can't find them. Cowards.

But I digress. So have another welcome to America, and to PAFOA.

Edited to add
    : Your "Rep Power" will continue to display "0" even as you accumulate Rep points, until you reach 50 posts. Then it will display a numerical value to your Rep. Also, posts in the lounge don't count toward the 50. Probably just like the Water Cooler.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; February 6th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lycoming County)

I'm planning on putting together at least two group shoots in the middle of the state again this year. We had a great time last year at them. Once I have time to get together with the other people who made these happen last year I'll post threads for them again. For you Hanover/York area guys it's maybe an hour and a half drive to the Milroy location and a little over two to the Jersey Shore one.

Welcome to the sight op. Maryland sucks.

(Montgomery County)

Welcome aboard. PA is +2A when compared to most (not all) other states. PA is a good place to establish roots.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcc722 View Post
    I do disagree on one thing you said though.... the roads up here suck.
    We have more Freeze/Thaw cycles in PA. Also Maryland taxes the crap out of you for those roads. Are our roads driveable? Do you want more money for guns, and ammo or give it to the next Obama/O'Malley clone in Maryland?

(York County)

Welcome, I escaped form the peoples republic of NY over 10 years ago and never looked back. Although the new governor and our current AG keep giving me flash backs.
    We should do a York county meet and greet some time.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

Welcome aboard Buell443 from another Maryland escapee!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast