Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Having a REALLY hard time finding a club/range.

Not too familiar with that part of the state but I have found here in PA a great way to meet members and get to know clubs is to sign up for matches. IDPA and USPSA are pretty common here in PA, 3 Gun less so but out there too. CMP and NRA high power matches are also common.

I have my own private range and facility so I don't belong to a club but I have met so many people at matches that if I needed at sponsor at various clubs it would be no problem to join. Some I may join just to financially support them even if I only use the facilities for matches.

(Montgomery County)

Another reason to go to the public matches at several area clubs is to see the facilities and meet other members for yourself. You can find good and bad reviews of every club, but nothing beats trying out the clubs. Most clubs in SEPA are going to cost you a pretty penny and it is best to really know what you are buying into.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Not too familiar with that part of the state but I have found here in PA a great way to meet members and get to know clubs is to sign up for matches. IDPA and USPSA are pretty common here in PA, 3 Gun less so but out there too. CMP and NRA high power matches are also common.

I have my own private range and facility so I don't belong to a club but I have met so many people at matches that if I needed at sponsor at various clubs it would be no problem to join. Some I may join just to financially support them even if I only use the facilities for matches.
    Lets become best friends and I will shoot with you. LOL. We all dream of having our own private range.

(Chester County)

Northern Chester County Sportsmen Club, and Elverson Gun Club would be pretty close to you. Both in the Elverson area. I am a member of NCCSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Northern Chester County Sportsmen Club, and Elverson Gun Club would be pretty close to you. Both in the Elverson area. I am a member of NCCSC.
    NCCSC membership is closed and the same for Elverson. Someone has reached out to me and offered to let me be a guest at Ridge Valley and potentially be a rider on my application.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post
    NCCSC membership is closed and the same for Elverson. Someone has reached out to me and offered to let me be a guest at Ridge Valley and potentially be a rider on my application.
    I didn't know NCCSC was closed, but they will probably open it again, as will Elverson. I don't know that for sure though.

(Bucks County)

From Pottstown, Ridge and Valley in Coopersburg is about 40 minutes. No round limit, nice ranges, good membership price. You do need to attend a meeting with your sponsor, but I can help and there are other members on here as well.

http://ridgeandvalley.net/
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    From Pottstown, Ridge and Valley in Coopersburg is about 40 minutes. No round limit, nice ranges, good membership price. You do need to attend a meeting with your sponsor, but I can help and there are other members on here as well.

http://ridgeandvalley.net/
    Another member has reached out to me for this range and I am going to be there on Sunday unless things change. Hope to see you there! As another fat guy, I have seen your youtube channel from before.

(Berks County)

Check out Cacoosing Gun Club in Birdsboro, its right off of 724. Not far from Pottstown at all. Also, University Rifle Club is in Reading. Just for some more options.
    Abby

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post

Elverson opens their membership roles in March
    http://www.elversonrodandgunclub.com/faq/default.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast