Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default York County Concealed Carry Seminar

I just received this e-mail from Rep. Seth Grove. I may go just to hear the law portion even though I've been a licensed carrier for a few years.

Mark Your Calendar for my upcoming Concealed Carry Seminar

I will host a Concealed Carry Seminar on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m.-12p.m. at the West Manchester Farmers and Sportsman’s Association (4900 Pine Hill Rd., Dover). Come out to learn more about Pennsylvania’s process for acquiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, the details of Pennsylvania’s Castle Doctrine and other information on state gun laws.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: York County Concealed Carry Seminar

Why not? Sounds like a good idea.

(York County)

Go, by all means. I've attended 2 of his seminars. He sponsors them, but speaks very little other than to open the event, then turns it over to
    a regional LEO, like a neighboring Chief or other ranking Officer, and also and attorney who will spending most of the time talking.

If you know the law well enough I'd be curious to hear your thoughts after the event. Obviously they are overall 2A and CC friendly seminars...
    OC, not so much - but I blow that off as opinion, which it is. I always go OC to these things. I also always disagree with a couple points during
    the attorney's presentation, and discuss with him, sometimes during his presentation sometimes later. Sometimes he sees my point or correction.
    sometimes we just agree to disagree, but he is certain he is correct.

I always OC, and OC is not that popular, so my experience is this: I'm glad Reps like Grove and Saylor hold these events and I recognize that CC will likely
    always be more popular than OC, but until they hold an OC seminar that supports OC, I won't be returning.

I really only ever attended to see what was going on and to make sure my community was being sold a load of bullshit. If you CC you will likely enjoy
    the event and come away with a pretty good feeling.

I just never appreciate when the Chiefs speak, and condescend, and spew the rhetoric of the anti's, and outright lie, when I've been OCing for over 7 years,
    and they have NEVER done it and know NOTHING of what they speak, but will say anything to forward their obvious political agenda. They probably think they are
    playing it safe.

Since this is in Manchester it will likely be be (again) York's Northern Area Regional PD. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    ....I just never appreciate when the Chiefs speak, and condescend, and spew the rhetoric of the anti's, and outright lie, when I've been OCing for over 7 years,
    and they have NEVER done it and know NOTHING of what they speak, but will say anything to forward their obvious political agenda. They probably think they are
    playing it safe.

Since this is in Manchester it will likely be be (again) York's Northern Area Regional PD. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

I remember that! His words were something to the effect of, "If me or one of my guys sees you OC'ing, be sure we'll find out who you are and what you're doing". Since then I had one of the Northern Regional officers visit our farm one evening looking for a neighbor. He didn't say boo about the 1911 tucked in it's holster.

Do go though. If you've been a forum member for any length of time you will already know most of the law's discussed, but it's a good event none the less!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

The event I went to last year was very good overall. Obviously they have limited time to present a lot of information, but I feel they are great learning opportunities. And yes they are not so OC supportive, non the less the information is still relevant and lets our elected representatives see our numbers and hear our voice.
    We need to remember that the anti's like to represent themselves as the majority and are much better and getting to the politicians than we are in general, so anytime you have a chance to show a Politian our numbers and let them hear our voice it is a good thing
    RIP -The US constitution.

So you recommend CCing to this event?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Reminder, it's coming up April 30.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    So you recommend CCing to this event?

I think I missed your question when asked, but as I said I've already attended 2 of Mr Grove's events, and seating is limited.
    I would rather have my potential seat go to someone who hasn't experienced this. The odd and few comments regarding OC
    aside, I really think this is a vastly positive event. The overall flavor is to encourage folks to get educated (which begins with
    the Seminar), get licensed, get training, and carry for protection to the extent that they feel comfortable doing so. This message
    comes from all who speak including the police, and that's pretty powerful.

I don't care how folks carry, that's a very personal decision. If these seminars help get folks to pull their handguns out of their safes,
    get licensed if not already, get training, practice, and start carrying - then I see them as a huge plus and I'm not going to throw the baby
    out with the bath water. I hope my earlier comments weren't seen that way.

By the way, although each speaker has his own presentation, it is also fairly open for discussion from beginning to end, and that's comforting
    for a lot of folks.

Plus... coffee and doughnuts!

If there are still seats available I hope people will take advantage of this.

My schedule's not allowing but I wanted to remind others to attend.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

I obviously can't speak for this one, but the other events I attended were packed houses
    with all seats filled well in advance of the event. Hopefully this one goes the same way.