Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Open Carry on a motorcycle thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Motorcycle, go-kart, horse drawn cart, they're all conveyances all require an LTCF to transport a firearm.
    Thank you. I thought so but, I wasn't 100% sure.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    OC + ATV = Illegal.

75 Pa. C.S. § 7727. Additional limitations on operation.
    Except as otherwise permitted under Title 34 (relating to game), no person shall:
    (1) Operate or ride in any snowmobile or ATV with any bow and arrows or with any firearm in his possession unless it is unstrung or unloaded.
    (2) Drive or pursue any game or wildlife with a snowmobile or an ATV.
    (July 11, 1985, P.L.220, No.56, eff. 60 days; July 8, 1986, P.L.442, No.93, eff. July 1, 1987)
    This was fixed a few years back with this below for firearms.

18 Pa.C.S.A. § 6109
    § 6109. Licenses

(m.2) Inconsistent provisions.--Notwithstanding the provisions of section 7506 (relating to violation of rules regarding conduct on Commonwealth property), 75 Pa.C.S. § 7727 (relating to additional limitations on operation) or the act of June 28, 1995 (P.L. 89, No. 18),3 known as the Conservation and Natural Resources Act, and regulations promulgated under that act, a firearm may be carried as provided in subsection (a) by:
    (1) a law enforcement officer whose current identification as a law enforcement officer shall be construed as a valid license to carry a firearm; or
    (2) any licensee.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Methinks then that 75 Pa. C.S. § 7727(1) ought then be repealed, yes? Right now, thanks to 18 Pa. C.S. § 6109(m.2), it's just cluttering up the statutes.

(Bucks County)

My Harley buddies and I. One being a cop all carry while riding. None of us open carry. Maybe you need another gun that you can carry concealed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

most people probably wont even notice that you are carrying to begin with.

My preferred method of carry is appendix but when I'm out on my bike I carry OTWB at the 330-4, and my Tshirt almost always rides up over my gun (last summer it was a Glock 17). With that being said I have never had anyone notice, even had a police car "follow" (we were both going in the same direction) for about a mile mile and a half before they turned on a different street. And I live in NY.

Even full size guns are not really that big when it comes to being noticed going down the road at 30-70 miles/hr. Hell most drivers on the road don't see motorcycles on the road, do you really think they will notice a handgun on your side?

Quote Originally Posted by sth5591 View Post
    ............... I don't want to draw attention to myself from the "OH MY GOD HE HAS A GUN ON A MOTORCYCLE HE'S AN OUTLAW" crowd.
    Ride the right Bike and they will never notice your Gun!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Since you have an SV650 and not a Harley I assume you actually ride the bike and not just park it in front of a bar/restaurant. Most guns are black and most riding gear is black or dark. At speed the chances of someone noticing your firearm are probably low. I would be most worried about a MWAG in the little towns you end up riding through to get from one nice stretch of road to another. I would be extra vigilant at doing the speed limit through these towns as the local LEO love to write tickets to out of towners because they know they will not be challenged. The last thing you ever want as a firearms carrier OC or CC is LEO encounters.

I personally carry my LCP in my jacket breast pocket. Shoulder holsters for compacts seem to be popular for riders as well.

Some consideration I think should be put into what could happen in a crash. On your hip chances are high your firearm is going to be pushed into your body with force. Under your armpit or in my case in my breast pocket not so much. But there are also so many random variables in a crash it might also not matter much.

Anything that is not zippered pocket carry I would want a holster with active retention. I personally would use a snap break style as i think it would be the most reliable. But I simply pocket carry.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Since you have an SV650 and not a Harley I assume you actually ride the bike and not just park it in front of a bar/restaurant.
    This is the best response I've gotten so far. I do lots of twisty mountain roads and have really started to hate riding in towns at all. But yeah, I've decided OWB under my black riding jacket will be just fine.

This is the best response I've gotten so far. I do lots of twisty mountain roads and have really started to hate riding in towns at all. But yeah, I've decided OWB under my black riding jacket will be just fine.
    I understand the need to keep the gun on your body, however if you do go down riding the twisty roads you may regret having a gun on your side. Have you considered a tank bag? Do you have room under your seat? When I rode my Busa I placed the gun under the seat. I still use a Joe Rocket tank bag for long rides. My holster stays on me. Then I very discretely remove it from the bag when I get to my destination. My Harley got a little over 4k miles last year sitting in front of the Bar
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Reminds me of the old joke where two bulls are looking over the herd. The young one says, let's run over there and fuck one of them cows. The older, wiser one says, let's walk over there and fuck them all.

I find most people who bash others choice in bikes haven't ridden one, be it Harley, crotch rocket or sport touring.
    I wave to everyone.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast