Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Any updates or info on this guy? A training course popped up that I'm interested in, but I want to make sure I'm not walking into a mess.
    Looks like his trial isn't until April 3rd.

(Allegheny County)

There are other instructors associated with 3 Rivers. Perhaps an email asking who will be teaching the class you are interested in is in order.
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

I'm curious Steve, did you ever find out who was teaching the class?
    The Lord Bless You

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested - AGAIN!

I just saw John Brown again, being perpwalked on the KDKA news. He was just arrested for 5 more sexual assaults - one each in Westmoreland, Beaver and Erie Counties, and two in Allegheny. $100,000 straight cash bond for each case. Looks like he won't be around anytime soon.

ETA: holy crap, just found this in the Trib. Does not look good!

Suspended Mt. Pleasant officer faces new charges
    Matthew Santoni | Thursday, March 23, 2017, 4:57 p.m.

A suspended Mt. Pleasant police officer awaiting trial on charges that he assaulted and attempted to rape a woman in 2015 was arrested Thursday on charges related to four other victims.

State police arrested John A. Brown, 44, on four counts of felony involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, two counts of felony aggravated indecent assault and four counts of misdemeanor indecent assault related to incidents that took place in Allegheny, Beaver and Erie counties between March 2014 and October 2015, according to criminal complaints.

Brown, a former part-time officer who lists his home address as Mt. Lebanon, is awaiting trial on charges that he choked a woman after she resisted his sexual advances at another home he owns in Donegal Township in December 2015. Motions in that trial are scheduled for April or May, and he was suspended from the Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

A woman who saw news footage of Brown's arrest on the earlier charges told police she attended a concert in Pittsburgh with Brown the night of March 8, 2014, and went to a bar in Kilbuck with him afterward. He roughly tried to kiss her and tried to force her to perform oral sex on him in his truck after leaving the bar, the complaint said.

“(The victim) continued to pull away, told Brown to stop repeatedly and attempted to get out of the truck several times, but (the) door was locked and would not open,” according to the complaint. “During this action, Brown stated, ‘Do you like it rough? I bet you do.'”

The next victim said she met Brown at a party at North Park in Pine, Allegheny County on Nov. 20, 2014, and the two connected over their Mt. Lebanon roots. They slipped away to his truck to kiss, but he forced her to perform oral sex on him and sexually assaulted her, the complaint said.

In late February or early March of 2015, another woman said Brown, a firearms instructor for State Security and Investigation Services at the time, was teaching her at a shooting range in Beaver County so she could carry a gun for her job at the same company. He tried to kiss her at the range but she said no. They went to a restaurant after her training was complete and afterward he forced her to perform oral sex on him in his truck, the complaint said.

The same victim also told police Brown sent her vulgar text messages after the assault, and at some point later forced her to perform oral sex again when both were at SSIS's Pittsburgh office.

The final complaint filed Thursday involved a woman who said Brown had come to an SSIS training session in Erie and went to a bar with her afterward. She told investigators Brown groped her leg and genitals several times at the bar and tried to kiss her, but she left, the complaint said.

Two victims told police Brown repeatedly insisted that he was “dominant” or their “master” as he assaulted them. All said they feared his imposing size, his gun or his position of authority and connections with the company.

Police filed the charges Thursday with Ligonier Magisterial District Judge Denise Thiel, who had held him for trial on the previous charges, and took him into custody that afternoon. They were waiting for a judge to arraign him and set his bail later Thursday.
    Last edited by scruff; March 24th, 2017 at 12:29 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Nothing about his missing bedroom TV???

(Allegheny County)

Wow that guys a real peice of work.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Wow that guys a real peice of work.
    Yeah, he's a

(Allegheny County)

So all you guys who left good reviews for him here, and his assistant trainer(?) Ashton R - what do you all have to say about this? Is Three Rivers Tactical Training going to fold now or what? Their website still shows a class this coming weekend...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by keepmysecond View Post
    So all you guys who left good reviews for him here, and his assistant trainer(?) Ashton R - what do you all have to say about this? Is Three Rivers Tactical Training going to fold now or what? Their website still shows a class this coming weekend...

Wow. keepmysecond joins forum to immediately spam 3 different John Brown threads and post what's already being dicussed.

Personal connection to a victim?

You do realize the other two threads you dug up are several years old and it's likely none of those "guys" even post here any more?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by keepmysecond View Post
    I haven't read every post in the thread, but I don't recall anyone condoning the alleged actions of John. In fact most of the posts were quite negative towards him. Do you know every detail into the personal lives of every person you've ever dealt with? I doubt it. I just had a contractor out at my house last week to fix leaky downspouts. While an extremely nice and friendly guy, I don't know anything about him other than plenty of of people said he did great work on gutters. You clearly have an axe to grind based on your tone. If you are connected to, or are one of the alleged victims then I can understand your tone. Just put things into perspective of the people who've paid John for training, though. I'm sure most, if not all, of the people who have paid to receive training from John/3 Rivers Tactical had absolutely no idea any of this was going on. I surely did not. I absolutely did not when I paid for my ex-wife to attend a female only class with 3 Rivers.

As far as if the company will cease to exist, who knows. Someone else has to be running the show at this point because I'm pretty sure someone under felony indictment can't be in possession of firearms. The latest info that has come to light doesn't mention any weapons charges. The instructors section of the website has been down since shortly after John's first arrest so I have no information who is teaching the classes. My guess would be Ashton has taken over.

John will have his day in court, and a jury will decide if the facts say he's guilty or not.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast