Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    . . . Oh, and Streaker, with all due respect, If you were accused of the same conduct I doubt it would have gotten the same news coverage.
    I doubt so too, because like teachers, clergy, university football defensive coordinators, day care service providers and others, police are held to a higher standard than the average schlub like Streaker and me.

Or should be.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

Unless I missed it no one here has convicted him. The information was shared. People have commented that it doesn't look good for him with what's known.
    There are post on here all the time about gun owners and what they may or may not have done. Do you think if Streaker was arrested people wouldn't post that in their opinion and experience with him they could or couldn't believe it?

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I called myself an acquaintance and customer of John before this incident and referred people to his training company, but until this there is a verdict in this case I'm doing neither. I hope John is innocent, but if the victim's accusations are correct, then I support the punishment and won't shed a tear for him.
    In the media and police briefing of what I saw, essentially only her side of the story is told. Unfortunately through my adult life I have seen many people lie and concoct stories for all sorts of agendas, some with very ill intent. Certainly there are some cases one can look at perhaps that might be open and shut but with he said, she said, everyone needs their day in court.

In this case though a few months ago he was speaking in a negative way about most gun owners not knowing what they are doing, lots of dudes with big egos and irresponsibility and such. Now he goes and gets himself arrested for some serious crimes and it's made him look like quite a big doofus.

I'm not sure how he could run his training company right now as with felony charges pending. I'd imagine he's got to give up his firearms for the time being.

(Butler County)

Well said Peter. As we cherish our 2nd amendment rights we should not be quick to judge someone on accusations and a news story. The defendant in this case has rights too. I am not defending JB, but being a bit of a pompous ass as he could be at times it seems a lot of people are condemning him. If what happened is true, he will get what he deserves, and maybe even more. I know of several occasions where people have been accused of heinous crimes and have been exonerated. No one here was there. The people that were will testify to the facts. A judge will make a decision.
    The defendant is exercising his rights.

He's got a lawyer. He's bonded out.

Should it get that far, a jury will make a decision. A judge (magistrate) is going to decide if it even goes to court (I'm betting it will, if the alleged victim wants it to and shows up).

Nobody here is denying the guy his day in court.

At the least, if JB is found innocent, his life is still very damaged. If he is found guilty he will lose everything. It is really nice to know that there are still people in PA whose personal and professional lives are so unsullied that they can cheerfully cast stones at the accused.
    Oh, and Streaker, with all due respect, If you were accused of the same conduct I doubt it would have gotten the same news coverage.
    A couple of things:

1. Like JB, if I was arrested for what he's been arrested for, I'd be immediately suspended from work (with pay). Contractually, if I was held over for trial, I'd be suspended without pay or benefits, and likely fired. If I wasn't already dismissed, I'd be fired upon any kind of disposition except dismissed charges or a not guilty verdict. But my expectation is that I'd be dismissed upon being bound over for trial or indictment by grand jury.

2. If Streaker were similarly situated, I can guarantee it would get the same coverage. Part of the issue here is the alleged incident took place while he was a police officer. That's going to draw coverage. When one allegedly misbehaves with a badge, it draws coverage. (whether it should or not is another matter--I happen to personally think it should)

(Allegheny County)

What "coverage"? It was a blip on the radar. If not for this thread, I'd have never known about it.
    On to other, much more sensational "news"...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post

2. If Streaker were similarly situated, I can guarantee it would get the same coverage. Part of the issue here is the alleged incident took place while he was a police officer. That's going to draw coverage. When one allegedly misbehaves with a badge, it draws coverage. (whether it should or not is another matter--I happen to personally think it should)
    Pro tip, you can stay out of similar situations by not inviting strange women into your bedroom in the middle of the night, getting naked and then forcing them to touch your junk.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Pro tip, you can stay out of similar situations by not inviting strange women into your bedroom in the middle of the night, getting naked and then forcing them to touch your junk.
    The simple solution is often the correct one.

(Erie County)

I think you missed my point, Anything, any conviction, will be damaging, No one will forget this. In todays climate, you know, hands up don't shoot? All accusations in that case were proven false, It does not matter in the slightest. Officer Darren Wilson will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. And he was totally exonerated.
    At the least, if JB is found innocent, his life is still very damaged. If he is found guilty he will lose everything. It is really nice to know that there are still people in PA whose personal and professional lives are so unsullied that they can cheerfully cast stones at the accused.
    Oh, and Streaker, with all due respect, If you were accused of the same conduct I doubt it would have gotten the same news coverage.
    IROCZ,

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Well, you could still be accused of having done that without actually having done it.

But yeah, generally speaking you can avoid a whole lot of potential harm by not acting as described.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Unless I missed it no one here has convicted him. The information was shared. People have commented that it doesn't look good for him with what's known.
    There are post on here all the time about gun owners and what they may or may not have done. Do you think if Streaker was arrested people wouldn't post that in their opinion and experience with him they could or couldn't believe it?
    Not as long as he is holding the ban hammer...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast