Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Owner of 3 Rivers Tactical Training Arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    He's presumed innocent in a court of law. We are free to say what we will within reason. I don't know if he did or didn't do what he is accused of. I do think the entire incident can be used to show his character. With that said, I've taken a girl to my place after a night of drinking. Some would say that speaks negatively of me. I'd respect that opinion as much as the opposite

Like it or not John is a fair topic
    As have I only difference here is she left in the same physical condition she came in well maybe a bit more sober and she didn't have the need to file a police report.

It also speaks volumes at least to me when it's one of your cop buddies that turns you in most likely based on the evidence he saw having been there.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 31st, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG View Post
    But otherwise, the decent thing to do is leave these folks alone until the process is complete.

Remember, any one of us can be arrested any time by mistake, or arrested for a small crime and be charted with half-dozen- large ones we did not commit. None of us would want people jumping to conclusions, repeating accusations and generally beating us up before we had our say.
    Thank you for the reminder to be human. It is a good reminder to all, myself included.

Cheers for Pete.

(Lancaster County)

Free you are truly a mystery within an enigma

So is that the new PC way to say "Bi Polar".
    Last edited by dkf; January 31st, 2016 at 07:49 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I am a work in progress (;
    Last edited by free; January 31st, 2016 at 09:57 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I am a work I progess (;
    That's all any of us can hope to do

(Allegheny County)

Well said Peter. As we cherish our 2nd amendment rights we should not be quick to judge someone on accusations and a news story. The defendant in this case has rights too. I am not defending JB, but being a bit of a pompous ass as he could be at times it seems a lot of people are condemning him. If what happened is true, he will get what he deserves, and maybe even more. I know of several occasions where people have been accused of heinous crimes and have been exonerated. No one here was there. The people that were will testify to the facts. A judge will make a decision.
    Last edited by IROCZ; February 1st, 2016 at 12:29 AM.

(Washington County)

I called myself an acquaintance and customer of John before this incident and referred people to his training company, but until this there is a verdict in this case I'm doing neither. I hope John is innocent, but if the victim's accusations are correct, then I support the punishment and won't shed a tear for him.

I just watched "Making a Murderer" on Netflix so I think I'm a little more sensitive right now to how media sensationalism and a biased justice system can unfairly prosecute someone. (And if you're wondering, I'm not certain I believe Steven is innocent, but the trial seemed unfair at times, and I think Branden is definitely innocent.)
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; February 1st, 2016 at 10:42 AM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by IROCZ View Post
    Well said Peter. As we cherish our 2nd amendment rights we should not be quick to judge someone on accusations and a news story. The defendant in this case has rights too. I am not defending JB, but being a bit of a pompous ass as he could be at times it seems a lot of people are condemning him. If what happened is true, he will get what he deserves, and maybe even more. I know of several occasions where people have been accused of heinous crimes and have been exonerated. No one here was there. The people that were will testify to the facts. A judge will make a decision.
    I think I'm gonna be a little cynical about that statement. There's more than enough evidence to show that police officers while committing crimes don't get what they deserve.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I think you missed my point, Anything, any conviction, will be damaging, No one will forget this. In todays climate, you know, hands up don't shoot? All accusations in that case were proven false, It does not matter in the slightest. Officer Darren Wilson will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. And he was totally exonerated.
    At the least, if JB is found innocent, his life is still very damaged. If he is found guilty he will lose everything. It is really nice to know that there are still people in PA whose personal and professional lives are so unsullied that they can cheerfully cast stones at the accused.
    Oh, and Streaker, with all due respect, If you were accused of the same conduct I doubt it would have gotten the same news coverage.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast