Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Why is the DNC as a group so anti gun?

It may have been an advantage 25 years ago when the trend was that gun control was popular, but with the # of people who say they are liberals buying guns the last few years, why is the DNC as a whole still so anti gun? Is it due to the same old same old names being re-elected over and over and over? Do any of these over and over's ever talk to their constituancy in large #'s to get a real idea of what a majority think about certain topics, with gun control as one of them? I can't see the handful of rabid anti gunners like Feinstein and Shumer changing, just like the really hard core conservative republicans aren't going to change either. But what about the rest of the DNC? And why are there RHINOS out there who's sole RHINO-ism may be gun control?

With all but a handful of states being shall-issue, you would think that in the least, the DNC in those states would see the light once the predictions of blood in the street don't come true.

I'm not talking just the US congress here, I'm talking state gov't too, at all levels of elected officials. I was told yesterday that Mayor Kim Bracey of York is a plain hopolophobe- I mean for real- except of course for her police officers who protect her. That is somehow ok, despite the fact that cops are still human and can go off the wall and shoot people out of anger, or are carrying off duty, get drunk, and shoot someone ( like in Baltimore, Philly...).

I'd sooner be scared of drivers of cars on the road than Steve Young ( computer steve on here) OCing in downtown York, even if I didn't know him and never met him before. You could pile 5000 loaded guns next to me and I'd still be more nervous over one obnoxious driver yacking on her phone and weaving around the road in front of me.

I will apologize in advance for being too smart and too logical for the average DNC and Kim Bracey.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Why is the DNC as a group so anti gun?

Why is the DNC so anti-America?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Their symbol is a jackass, do you need to go further?
    Last edited by spacemanvic; August 7th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Hold the Line...

(Clinton County)

It's a tool of power in the hands of a citizen. The DEMS think they know whats good for the little guy that can't think for them self. They think if you take that tool away, the little guy is powerless. Let's face it You can't win a revolution with an iPhone and a Prius

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Why is the DNC as a group so anti gun?

Because...

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Why is the DNC so anti-America?
    100% correct. It is so sad. My family has been part of the democratic partysince the 1800s. Sadly the party has gone from being small government and pro-american to its modern incarnation.

The party of Andrew Jackson, George Wallace, and Zell Miller ( JFK as well) has fallen to gangsters, prostitues, multi-culturalists, open border lobbies, american apologists, and every other anti-american faction there is.

What happened to my beloved party?

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    Their symbol is a jackass, do you need to go further?
    Real democrats ( the few that are left ) make better lovers though. Who ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

The DNC was infiltrated and taken over by "progressives", who define "progress" as the government controlling every aspect of life so that it's "fair" according to arbitrary standards of equality of results.

As noted by others here, armed citizens represent a wild card, it means that citizens have the power to say "no" to the latest edict from the Party commissariat.

The fact that liberals buy themselves guns doesn't mean that their philosophy about what OTHER people must do has changed. The laws are for other people to obey, not for the special people who are part of the ruling class. That's why Sarah Brady bought her son a handgun (breaking a few laws in the process). Because YOU can die to further their agenda, but her son is important.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Let's face it You can't win a revolution with an iPhone and a Prius
    ^^^ This.

A politician who claims that the 2nd Amendment is about duck hunting or the National Guard is either a fool or a liar. That amendment was meant to be the reset button on the Constitution, plain and simple. It was supposed to be the thing that kept politicians honest, that kept them from overreaching. As the DNC is typically the party that most wants to grow government (as opposed to the military), it stands to reason that they would have to remove the biggest roadblock to that growth first.

Gun control is about power. There is no disputing that fact.

(Wayne County)

Well, fortunately there are some more conservative Democrats out there that do support the 2A and consistantly go against Party Line to do so. To see examples of this you have to look no further than HB 40 in the PA General Assembly or the recent letter to the Obama Administration re: UN arms treaty. They're out there. They just don't get the spotlight like Pelosi or Schumer. They also typically don't get the recognition they deserve for supporting legislation like HB 40 either.

When is the last time that you thanked a Democrat?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast