Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Free gun safety course given by the Montgomery County Sheriffs office!

If you know someone new to guns,like me,this is a perfect introduction to gun safety and PA. gun laws. It's given every third week of the month.The class is limited to 25 people, and it fills up fast! The January class filled up in less than two days. It's four hours long, 6 to 10 pm.All of the information can be found at the Sheriff office web site http://www.montcopa.org/sheriff.

Long story short,the instructor(Harry Burke) was great,and covered a ton of information.He also had a great sense of humor,which made the four hours go even faster.We only did dry fire practice,but what he told me was very helpful,for trigger control.
    I'm tight with a buck,and I found this course by doing a online search for free gun instruction,Lol!
    So if you know someone new to guns and their looking for good information,steer them toward this excellent course! One more thing,you must be a resident of Montgomery County.
    hth
    Ralph

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Free gun safety course given by the Montgomery County Sheriffs office!

Welcome to the forum. This is the kind of posting that makes this forum great, so thanks for sharing.

There was a "firearm safety seminar" held here in Allegheny county a year or so ago that I attended out of curiosity. It was more or less a question/answer/info sort of thing as opposed to a "how to handle a gun" thing. (there was no handling or talk of how to shoot at all)
    They were pretty informative and on track for the most part. I went to see if they were going to offer "opinion" as opposed to fact in terms of the law, but was pleasantly surprised by the unbiased/correct info presented. Those doing the presentation seemed very much in favor of citizens arming and protecting themselves.

The fact that they are willing to go as far as actual gun handling basics "over there" is pretty cool.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: Free gun safety course given by the Montgomery County Sheriffs office!

I'd go if this were offered in my county.

Someone send an invitation to Diana Zagiel.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=297098
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I'd go if this were offered in my county.

Someone send an invitation to Diana Zagiel.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=297098

She wouldnt live in the pussy burbs. She's a Philly girl yo!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    She wouldnt live in the pussy burbs. She's a Philly girl yo!
    Unfortunately she's out by me in the burbs. :/

She wouldn't take this class either. She already knows everything, oh wait, no that's me. I know everything cause I'm an internet know it all....

On a serious note, I want my wife to get into firearms a lot more than she currently is. I'll try to talk her into going to this class together. Thanks for posting it Ralph!