Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default 7th PA CD Rep Pat Meehan faces conservative challenger in primary

Not much information on the guy, businessman Stan Cassacio, especially on 2A issues, but claims to be a conservative seeking to unseat moderate Meehan in an increasingly purple suburban Phila congressional district...

http://www.politicspa.com/pa-7-meeha...llenger/72171/

http://defeatpat.com/

I am running to give Republican voters a choice and the opportunity to have a representative who will do what is right rather than what is politically convenient. You will always know where I stand:

- I will stand for a safe America with secure borders

- I will stand for fiscal responsibility and stop drowning America’s future in debt

- I will stand for limited government by eliminating burdensome taxes and regulations on
    families and small businesses

- I will stand for innocent life and always oppose funding to Planned Parenthood and any
    other abortion providers
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 7th PA CD Rep Pat Meehan faces conservative challenger in primary

He is married to Diane Cardano. Together they own a real estate firm.
    http://www.thedianecardanoteam.com/About

(Delaware County)

got a letter from meehan this morning (email) with some of his agenda and seeking feedback. I replied that instead of new laws and regs i would like to see him start to repeal unnecessary laws and regs already on the books and get back to the state constitution and its original intent. sure that one will just get the ol' delete button.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Delaware County)

A bit more info...

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...from-the-right

Casacio’s family business, N.C. Construction Corp. based in Huntingdon Valley, Pa., owns and manages shopping centers throughout the area.

It was his involvement in the campaign of Montgomery County Commissioner Joe Gale last year, however, that encouraged him to run for office.

“We were waking up in the morning and not really feeling good about things,” Casacio said. “We were sitting down and we were saying, ‘What can we do to move the dial one click?’”
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

if this is the same Stan Casacio, he doesn't seem to be a big fan of guns, at least not 30 years ago

http://articles.philly.com/1986-06-1...unteers-patrol

Reflecting on the need for a Town Watch, Casacio told the story of a friend who bought a gun to protect his family.

One night, he woke up to the realization of his worst fear: A stranger stood at his bedroom door. He reached over, grabbed the gun and fired it. The intruder fled while the homeowner stumbled to the top of the stairs, lost his balance and accidentally set off the gun again.

Police later discovered that one of the bullets had ricocheted off a wall in the bedroom - 7 inches above where the man's wife had been lying in bed.

"He does not have a gun in his house anymore," Casacio said, adding that he hopes the story makes people realize there are better ways to protect themselves.

(Bucks County)

Take a look at the thread: Bipartisan bill would charge those who fail NICS check- New can of worms?? and see where Pat Meehan stands on the 2nd. Nice situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Take a look at the thread: Bipartisan bill would charge those who fail NICS check- New can of worms?? and see where Pat Meehan stands on the 2nd. Nice situation.
    I was just posting the same thing.