Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ramdom 27 thoughts and observations

Well, since Greater Pitt gun club imploded due to a fair amount of stupidity, it appeared to me that I had to do something/anything to be able to shoot.

Bridgeville police were already called to my house when i reported a 9mm bullet stuck in my roof (not mine, really ) so I had to find a club before they were called by someone reporting "some guy is shooting a bunch in his backyard,call swat".
    I have talked to or visited these possible clubs; Collier, Dormont/Mt Lebanon,McDonald,Clairton,Forest Grove,Coraopolis. There are a couple more gun clubs about 30 min out but I'm hedging on those.
    I ended up joining Cory just to have someplace close to shoot. They have 600 members and the place seems a bit small for that kind of membership. My kiddo, Pistolwhip, seems to like shooting and wanted to go. He does like to get up about noon(or later) on his day off so we will try to get out a few more times and see if the interest continues.

OC in my hometown (actually on my street).
    I was turning onto my street after work and about 100ft from the turn, there was A MAN WITH A GUN. He was doing something around his vehicle but was sporting what looked to be a 1911 and a magholder IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

I have a draft of a letter I was going to email my Chief of police in my drafts folder regarding how my municipal police were trained to react to this type of call but have not gotten around to mailing it. I will pretty soon, I promise. I only OC when I walk my dog through the backyards and woods. This is a personal choice but i still wanted to see what these LEO are trained to do in that circumstance. I may forward that to other locals as well and call a friend of mine who is a night shift supervisor at a neighboring town.

10K members. Wow. Congrats to Doug for posting that milestone and naturally to Dan for initiating the forum. I spend way too much time on here.

BrianDalke, made it to the PMSC groupshoot from New Hampshire. I'm not sure if he ever finished the registration process because his fiance was moving them from one apartment to another while he was here and his computer was down for a few weeks. Anyway, they are getting married next Oct in NH and just put a deposit on the hall. I met her twice. Nice girl. I wish him and her the best. NH recognizes Utah, so I am good to go.

I'm about a year from semi retirement. I forget how old i actually am but think I'll be 59 in Oct. I planned to retire at 62( when SS was available to me ). With age, older plumbers are sometimes layed off more often (we simply cannot physically keep up with the youngsters). If history repeats itself as i have seen it happen for the past 32 years, some of the old guys get layed off in the fall when work slows down and rehire when work picks up in the spring (this is not a bad thing ). I will do the research to find out how many hours per year I have to work to maintain health benefits and get credit for another pension year till I can collect SS. Getting some unemployment during the COLD COLD winters doesn't sound too bad when you have experienced working outside when it was as cold as 17 below (shudders).
    Our company did just get the Plumbing/HVAC contract award for the new Pens arena so maybe there will be a warm spot for me to work when it's
    enclosed.

We took two stray cats to a shelter within the past 2 weeks. One is a gray feral who has been living outside for the past 3 years or so. He adopted a stray kitten and the 2 had been staying around my house for a while.
    The older male has been attacking my 2 Silky Terriors and my 18 year old dog regularly. We thought taking the kitten to the shelter would stop the Gray from doing that. Unfortunately, the kitten had a health issue that required putting him down. My wife gave the shelter $100 for his care in hopes they would neuter him and get him a good home. We took the gray to another shelter and had him neutered and got him vaccinated hoping he would settle down. We thought we could feather him into the household since he did get in, went to the basement to use the litter box and went back out. WOW this is great.
    He continued to attack our dogs and one of our cats to the point we decided to take him to the shelter as well. He is very friendly toward people. I hope he is adoptable,perhaps to a home with no other pets. My wife donated another $100 for his care. I hope he makes it and feel bad about taking them.

The one dog we have just had her 18th birthday party. We had 20 guests. My wife is wierd about animals. 3 dogs, 3 cats and now 3 ferrets proves that. All but one are rescues. Something happens to me, there will be a few more animals around.

Well, that's about enough ramdom thoughts for tonight except for the pending colonoscopy prep.

My mind is just about blank now. Hopefully I'll sleep well. Oops, gotta go. 27Peanutthe18yrolddoghand just dropped a few poopballs that need my attention. The kitty litter needs cleaned and the ferrets have to get out for their daily excercise.

Later.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Default Re: Ramdom 27 thoughts and observations

Fantastic. Good luck with the colonoscopy. Those are fun, I've had two already and I'm only thirty(Well, actually only one and then the surgery, but had to prep twice). You drinking the ginger shots or the gallon jug of soap water? Both are just about equally horrible.

Do not retire. I retired and I went nuts after two weeks , I applied for a job with the Stae and was hired within a month. I like the job. it is something to do and keeps me out of the way ( wife's way).

Best wishes with the colonoscopy, I need to get another one soon , they are not too bad , The prep for it is a drag.

Hope you have better luck with the animals.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Ed

(Lawrence County)

the gallon jug is fun... god i hated that night... just remember... pat don't wipe!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post

10K members. Wow. Congrats to Doug for posting that milestone and naturally to Dan for initiating the forum. I spend way too much time on here.

27hand
    I don't 'member, and my name ain't Doug.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    I don't 'member, and my name ain't Doug.

Sometimes , as you age, memberin gets to be more difficult. Is that you Dave? Let me in. I have the stuff.

Ahhh. Just mixed up the gallon jug for tomorrow nights prep. I got some tips.

Drink water after the 8oz glasses of soap.
    Rinse mouth with mouthwash after drinking 8 oz glasses of soap.
    Throw the flavor packets away and drink the soap like a man.

This is my 3rd shot at this, prefaced by a sigmoidoscopy(sp). They say practice makes perfect.

(Lehigh County)

what's funny is the prep is called "Go-Lytely"

as if shitting out your spinal column is "going lightly"

and then they give you Versed... you know... the stuff they want to allow cops to stick you with.

and douse all open flames for 48 hours following.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Allegheny County)

Well, I had the procedure done this morning.

Everything came out alright (wait--- that was last night).

No polups this time but they do have to biopsy something, so i have to wait 10 days for those results.

Rinsing my mouth with mouthwash after drinking the soap seems to be the ticket. I discarded the flavor packs. It ended up being 14 eight oz glasses of go-lightly every 10 minutes.

Some original post update on kittens and cats.
    My kiddo (Pistolwhip) found a kitten maybe 3 to 4 weeks old outside of his apartment 2 days ago. He looked around to see if the mommy cat was there but could not find her. He then took the little kitty to Mrs27hand's pet rescue service(my house). My daughter, 27younghoneyhand knew of a friend whose cat just had kittens so she tried to take this little guy to Southside to see if the mommy cat would take him in as her own. No luck. So now we are feeding him with an eyedropper and will adopt him into our house.

The two strays.

The 2 month old kitty had something wrong that he had to be put down. The older gray that my wife had neutered hoping to feather him into our house had to be put up for adoption as he was attacking our 2 dogs and one of our cats. He is very friendly to people and uses a litterbox so I really hope he'll be adopted.

This new little guy fits in my hand and should acclimate to our household easily.

I was pretty depressed for a few days about taking those 2 cats to a shelter.

Retirement. I may be taking over a new job at Presby hospital. It looks like two new OR's are being installed and a 10 or 12 bed ICU along with it, The guy who just started the demo was told to bring me up to speed in prep for him to start the excavation for the new Pen's arena. I didn't get a timeframe on this job but it should only be 2 to 3 months of work.If it completes just before winter and they need someone for outside work, I'm going to take the winter off.

27golitelyandquicklyhand