Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default MIC "holsters" and Sticky holsters

The youtube videos look great, however I've heard other opinions that aren't quite as favorable. I personally don't feel that they're as secure as I would want them to be

Here's the link: http://themicholster.com/

What say you all?

I use a Sticky holster for pocket carrying the Ruger LCP. According to their site, they claim that it can also be used as an IWB holster. Considering I'm thinking about carrying my G19 more often, what say you all about the Sticky IWB? I'm most concerned about stability, and the holster staying in place with nothing more then friction to hold it.

Here's the link: http://stickyholsters.com/
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Carbon County)

Default Re: MIC "holsters" and Sticky holsters

i use a mic holster on my glocks when at home only, and just hanging around with the gun on the coffee table as my critters have a tendency to knock things over with a sweep of the table with their tails
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

I have a Remora holster (NO CLIP sticky type)for a glock 19 and have used it a number of times with no issues ..

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    The youtube videos look great, however I've heard other opinions that aren't quite as favorable. I personally don't feel that they're as secure as I would want them to be

Here's the link: http://themicholster.com/

What say you all?

I use a Sticky holster for pocket carrying the Ruger LCP. According to their site, they claim that it can also be used as an IWB holster. Considering I'm thinking about carrying my G19 more often, what say you all about the Sticky IWB? I'm most concerned about stability, and the holster staying in place with nothing more then friction to hold it.

Here's the link: http://stickyholsters.com/
    I have a MIC, don't use it for carry though. Just have it on the trigger guard of my Glocks when they are "Hot".

I have the Desantis pocket holster which is kinda like the sticky. Fine for my LCP (fairly heavy long trigger pull) in the pocket but I wouldn't use them on a glock in the pocket or IWB. For Glocks I like a Kydex but a nice stiff quality leather holster will fit the bill too.

(Lancaster County)

Interesting idea. Would probably work great with your pocket pistols. I would be afraid of the lack of support it would give with a fully loaded g19 in it. I think kydex holsters with some sort of clip give the best support for compact or full size guns.

(Bucks County)

Sometimes we can answer our own questions with a little experimentation.

I wore the G19 in a Sticky all day today, left appendex carry at a pretty severe cant since I'm a right handed shooter. I shopped, shoveled, walked, drove and ran with no issues at all, and it was comfortable. Although I was constantly suspect of the gun/holster moving, any movements were fractional. As a punctuation to the point, I as wearing Nike athletic pants with a tie waist, no belt. I did admittedly have the knot just a tad tighter then normal.

I'll have no problem using the Sticky as an IWB holster going forward.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

I've had fantastic experience with Remora holsters for multiple firearms. And they are cheap.

I have a sticky holster and a remora I won't buy another sticky holster. The coating ribs of unlike the remora which is still going strong

(Erie County)

I have a remora for my XDS .45. I Have been using it for a few weeks and it seems to be pretty good. Stays in place well even with a normal leather belt. I have worn it with PJ pants and a draw string with no issue also.
    The only thing I will say is I ordered directly from Remora, 25 shipped with free mag pouch, and it took almost a month to receive. I emailed Remora twice about it and never got a response. I would have liked to get one for my wife's Shield 9MM but will not be ordering from them again due to shipping time. I have read plenty of reviews where they arrived much faster than mine, so maybe mine was a fluke.

(Chester County)

I've broken 3 mic holsters, broke one sent it back and was sent two more. They're useful but eventually they split under the trigger guard and lose their retention. Cool concept but wrong material, their customer service is great too.