Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default contraception is now classified as abortion by US government?

OK, seriously now .... I don't care which side of the abortion fence you sit, that's fairly irrelevant in this matter.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has drafted a rule that would call it abortion when a contraceptive prevents a fertilized egg from embedding itself in the uterine wall.

That's one of the ways many birth-control pills and intrauterine devices work. And if that's abortion, millions of women who didn't know they were pregnant -- who medically weren't pregnant -- have killed their unborn children.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...QNk&refer=home

All I can say is someone down in Washington needs to get a hobby! Basically they are saying the ONLY method of birth control that is not an abortion would be a condom ..... sorry but this type government bullshit just has to stop! Someone needs to tell them our personal lives are none of their god damned business!

Default Re: contraception is now classified as abortion by US government?

That is gonna be a sure way to get out of wearing a rubber with any pro-life chicks...

XDthisisgonnabeawesome45

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Basically they are saying the ONLY method of birth control that is not an abortion would be a condom
    Or regular Hormonal BC (i.e. The Pill). The one's I'm familiar with operate by preventing ovulation and thereby conception. If they mess with this type, I think they will be effectively instigating a revolution ...

sorry but this type government bullshit just has to stop! Someone needs to tell them our personal lives are none of their god damned business!
    [RANT]
    I agree 100% the thing that pisses me off the most about both the "Left" and the "Right" is the attempt to tell "Us" what we CAN'T or MUST do.

Can't we simply live by the good old Golden Rule. Don't mess with me and I won't mess with you.
    [/RANT]
    Last edited by -JD-; August 8th, 2008 at 03:13 PM.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Calm down there. It says "Drafted a rule" not passed a bill or resolution.

Also no matter where you stand on the abortion issue let's break this down. If an egg is fertalized terminating that pregnancy at anytime afterward would be aborting correct? I mean I am not saying life does or does not begin at fertalization. Maybe I am missing something, but when does pregnancy officially begin? At fertilization or when the embryo is attacked to the uterine wall?

(Centre County)

Last edited by RandomTask; August 8th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

(Berks County)

OK, seriously now .... I don't care which side of the abortion fence you sit, that's fairly irrelevant in this matter.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...QNk&refer=home

All I can say is someone down in Washington needs to get a hobby! Basically they are saying the ONLY method of birth control that is not an abortion would be a condom ..... sorry but this type government bullshit just has to stop! Someone needs to tell them our personal lives are none of their god damned business!

Wait a minute here. This is a post with a link to an opinion piece that does not have any verification of, nor any viable method to verify, the allegations that are in it. OK, so Bloomberg is normally a decent source, but even they have a disclaimer at the bottom of the article sayint that it is the opinion of the author. Before you go on a tangent give me something that is verifiable.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Wait a minute here. This is a post with a link to an opinion piece that does not have any verification of, nor any viable method to verify, the allegations that are in it. OK, so Bloomberg is normally a decent source, but even they have a disclaimer at the bottom of the article sayint that it is the opinion of the author. Before you go on a tangent give me something that is verifiable.
    Its all over the internet:

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2...ption-abortion (includes the PDF from HHS)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cristi..._b_112887.html

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/alerts/426

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm?aid=3672

So no, its not an opinion ... it is in fact a fact

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

It may in fact be a fact that they have written up a draft of a rule, but that has less weight than an anorexic Lindsey Lohan. It is meaningless until it becomes a bill or resolution passed by congress and the senate.

And really

Huffington Post? Women's e News? Buzz Flash? Those don't really scream reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    And really

Huffington Post? Women's e News? Buzz Flash? Those don't really scream reliable.
    Just the first ones I found in a Google search (there are tons of them) but as I said that one from reality check has the PDF from HHS

(Philadelphia County)

I saw this GREAT set of images a little bit ago, that I am unable to find.

The caption said..

"Life begins at Lust" And it was a picture of a dude and a hot girl at a bar, and his speech bubble said.. "If you don't come home with me tonight and have sex, you are killing a baby".

Just about sums up these ridiculous bible-thumping busy-bodies.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast