Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Cabela's Purchase

Well that's good to hear. I am thinking about a weekday trip up there but I wonder what it would be like on a weekend?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    Well that's good to hear. I am thinking about a weekday trip up there but I wonder what it would be like on a weekend?
    Weekends are basically a crap shoot. I would expect a longer time, but if they have more folks working the transfers and the same volume as I saw, which was pretty good that day, it could even go quicker. If you go and like a good cheese steak, shoot up PA-61 to Port Clinton and stop in the hotel. Just be hungry if you do.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Yeah I'll definitely be looking for someplace to eat while we're there. I'm bringing an impatient friend along with me too, so after the Cabela's experience I'm sure he'll appreciate some good grub and a beer to wash it down with.

(Berks County)

Port Clinton Inn or Pappy T’s.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

I picked up the rifle Saturday. We wound up going to the Port Clinton Hotel for lunch afterwards. The food was good but it took longer to get our burgers than it did to check out at Cabela's. We showed up right at the end of the lunch rush I guess.

I didn't get to the store as early as I wanted to but my timing was still good. It took about 45 minutes total to complete the process. Not as bad as I expected for a Saturday. We shopped for a while and wandered back towards the gun counter about an hour later and it was a mob scene. I can't imagine how long the wait would've been at that point.

Speaking of Cabelas, anyone notice a ton of stuff seems to have disappeared from their webstore? Sometime in the last week a lot of Trijicon, Leica, zeiss, swarovski, etc. stuff just vanished, only a handful of stuff in each brand now. It's possible they are just out of stock on a bunch of high end stuff at the same time, but that seems odd.

(Monroe County)

Running around Sunday I ended up near Cabella's so I went in the see the stupid.
    I'm walking though the gun section and go to hit the used long gun rack for more LOL's at the $$$$.

Most people know if your going to check out holding it and the sights you point at the roof- top of a wall.
    Not this fuckstick he has it straight ahead, I lock eyes with him and have on the WTF dumbfuck face.
    He then refocuses and points it right at my head.

Loudly I yell
    ASSHOLE you better stop pointing that gun at me or I will do the same and I know mine is loaded!
    This kid was late teens did stop and have a stupid look. I kept going. I was in a kind of a bad mood and I know I would of gone way off the deep end.

Still some people children
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Never go to a place like Cabela's on the weekend. Might as well be sunset hill range.
    Last edited by Banks; October 28th, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Never go to a place like Cabela's on the weekend. Might as well be sunset hill range.
    I had less guns pointed at me when I worked there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

The other disappointment with Cabelas, aside the watering down of what used to be much better quality Cabelas brand products being replaced with crap like Bass Pro Redhead brand is that now Cabelas brand products only carry a 90 day warranty. Meanwhile the price premium on Cabelas brand products is still there.

There's basically zero reason to shop there anymore.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast