Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Default Re: Cabela's Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by todd308 View Post
    The other disappointment with Cabelas, aside the watering down of what used to be much better quality Cabelas brand products being replaced with crap like Bass Pro Redhead brand is that now Cabelas brand products only carry a 90 day warranty. Meanwhile the price premium on Cabelas brand products is still there.

There's basically zero reason to shop there anymore.
    And its going to get worse says a insider.

Quote Originally Posted by todd308 View Post
    '' Cabelas brand products being replaced with crap like Bass Pro Redhead brand , , ''

Hmmm , Cabelas appropriated the grand old Herter's brand and Bass Pro did the same with Redhead? I had Redhead hunting stuff back in the 70's when it was a high quality Made In USA product.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

It's a little over a year ago when I last went to the Hamburg Cabelas. The deal with having every gun locked...and sent home with the lock soured me. I can't imagine buying a firearm and not being able to see how the trigger is, if the safety works....etc.

I did buy a rifle there a number of years ago and the PICS and actual purchase took hours. At the time, they said it was because they emailed the forms in...it wasn't done with a computer or on the phone. IDK how true that is or was....but I as told that at the time.

So I actually had a fairly decent experience with Cabela*s.

Bass Pro had a great deal on a handgun, so I bought it online to be picked up in Hamburg. Two days later I go into the store- haven*t been there since they re-opened. It*s midday and when I check into the kiosk, I*m 13th in line. Well I live nearby and I*m not waiting there, so I leave. About two hours later, they text me it*s my turn. Yeah, no.

A couple days I try attempt #2. I arrive promptly when the store opens at 9am. I am Customer #1 for the gun counter. Soon they text me. They actually let another customer in before me, but since I was seen right away, so no worries. They find the gun quickly, but there were some minor delays (they hadn*t put a trigger lock on it, a series of questions required by the company, etc.) Then we move over to the electronic 4473. I know my way around the form so it*s fairly quick. Then the guy reconfirms the questions. He tells me to wait over there; I go take a leak. When I return the gun is ready to be rung up- $5 for the transfer. I walk out with the taped up gun case. Total time- 42 minutes.

Given all the hoops to jump through, I think it went pretty quick. Like most things in life, timing is everything.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789