Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cabela's Purchase

Go to Cableas in Christianna for long guns, no wait, tax free and no transfer fee. I picked up a like new Henry Big bore .44 mag steel reciever for $599 out of the used gun rack. Like new. Its what the remlins 1894's were listing for new, on sale in their flyer ad.What it said on the ticket is what I paid for it. Took about 15 minutes. You can have guns shipped down there from any store for free and purchase them.
    You cant buy handguns from them in Delaware, but you can have them shipped up to Hamburg and deal with that hot steaming mess.
    It all depends on the timing too. Everyone's in a semi panic again because of obamas latest executive order. When there is no big rush, a quiet time when some lunatic isn't shooting up a shopping mall in Paraguay, or more shit coming out of obamas pie hole, then the wait times are lower, prices are cheaper too. I just saw the Palmetto state armory factory blems just went from $45 to $70, so the price jumps are every where.

The key to getting a good deal is finding a local FFL who does cheap transfers and shopping on line using WIKIarms or something
    I am a Sportman's guide member, I got a 20" AR15A3 HBAR rifle kit, (Double member discount) $375 and a PSA factory blem on sale for $45, transfer at Thin blue line $25. Assembled the rifle myself for $445
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 19th, 2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Yes OP, that is the typical wait time. I met a forum member there a year ago for a transfer and it took 5 hours. I gave the gun counter manager so much crap about the stupidity of it that they waived the transfer and PIC fees. They have reworked their process a number of times over the past few years but it has not made an improvement.

My 2 cents on their inefficiency.... Cabelas Hamburg breaks up each stage of the purchase and this removes the customer/employee interaction. If you buy a gun the guy behind the counter passes you off to someone else for the paperwork. Then the paperwork goes to a crew in the back room where it accumulates in a pile. The phone jockeys calling PICS have no interaction with customers so they have no sense of urgency and no pressure to please anyone. They need to go back to what works and that is one employee working with the buyer from beginning to end.

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder,if thier prices for firearms are nothing to shout about then why do customers even put up with the hassle and buy from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    No way I would go through with a buy if that's their system. I'd be 15 minutes in and saying wtf?

What is the system anyway that takes hours to complete?
    Part of the problem is just getting to the gun counter and an available employee. They use the "take a number" ticket machine and you might wait an hour or two just to have your turn. This is where the frustration begins. Most of the customers don't seem to know what they are looking for, don't know what they want, have not done any research, etc... Nothing is more frustrating than watching someone who has no intention of buying tie up a clerk with an hour of questions that can be resolved in 15 minutes of internet research. I like to touch the merchandise and ask questions also but it's a bit over the top when you hear a guy say, "My brother's neighbor's cousin really recommends S&W. Can you show me everything you have by S&W?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I wonder,if thier prices for firearms are nothing to shout about then why do customers even put up with the hassle and buy from there?
    It's the draw of the store. People go there because it's like an amusement park. It's big, it has a huge inventory, it's easy to get to.

I will give them props for the inventory. I go for the reloading supplies which usually are cheaper than any of my local shops.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    It's the draw of the store. People go there because it's like an amusement park. It's big, it has a huge inventory, it's easy to get to.

I will give them props for the inventory. I go for the reloading supplies which usually are cheaper than any of my local shops.
    I get the "attraction" aspect of the place and I have been hankering to take a drive out there just to look around and possibly buy some stuff but I would not put with their "system"and buy any firearms if what has been said here is true.....If enough people stopped buying guns from there then perhaps eventually the prices and practices would change.

(Berks County)

I was there Saturday. I have bought one gun there, a Mosin that took maybe an hour mid week mid day.

You can never look at guns there. It's too packed with yahoos in my opinion. They did stock up on reloading supplies and ammo I noticed but still cheaper at LGS like Richland Shooters and Shydas.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

Yet this is the store that sells the most guns in all of the state?

(Berks County)

That's because it is on 78 and every yahoo coming through the state stops there. NJ plates abound!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    That's because it is on 78 and every yahoo coming through the state stops there. NJ plates abound!
    But the Joizy people are not buying guns.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast