Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Possible trade for Glock

Looking at a trade that would get me a Glock G22. It looks like it's a Gen2, the S/N is CAN769US. The gun I have for sale/trade is priced at $425 (Ruger Police Service Six, 4"bbl, .38 Spl, blued). The guy has the Glock and 5 magazines.

Can't seem to get on Glock Talk to see when it was made or any other info and Glock is closed for MLK Day.

I seem to recall that guns marked with the US were ones that may have had problems with the frame and were fixed/upgraded by Glock but I'm not sure.

Would you be hesitant in trading for this gun?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Possible trade for Glock

Personally I would not get rid of the Ruger ..I paid 325 for my G22 that was on Gunbroker a few years back.. A police trade-in that was in excellent condition, ..
    Black Olives Matter !

(Centre County)

I should add that if I do make the trade, I will be Cerakoting the frame and slide and maybe doing a few internal upgrades and then selling it. I already have a Gen 3 G22 so I don't know that I need another.

Also, I kinda figured that I would have to ask for some cash to go with the trade, he seems to think the 5 mags would make up the difference but I can get mags from CDNN for about $20-$25 each.

As for the Ruger it is excess to my Ruger collection so it doesn't bother me to get rid of it but I'm not going to give it away.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; January 18th, 2016 at 12:22 PM.

(Centre County)

October 1996, gen 2 Glock 22

I'd wanna know what condition the mags are in. The mag I got with my police trade in G22 was a worn out POS.

Is there something specific about the Gen2 you like or just want something to mess with/Cerakote/etc.... You can get some cheap G22's in very nice shape. Unless it's in amazing shape or you ~need~ a Gen2 22, I would pass. The guns worth $300-325 private sale with two mags, mags worth around $15 each in good shape, IMO....
    Last edited by FLICK; January 18th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

I paid $450 for my g22c with night sites. A little more than I wanted to pay but it's a Tulsa OK PD gun. And we all know what Tulsa spelled backwards is......

(York County)

Police trade in G22 are easy to come by and cost $350- $400 for Gen 2s. $400+ for gen 3s.

If this pistol is in good shape and the mags are Glocks then it sound like a ok deal.

Remember if there is any mechanical issue with the pistol you can send it back to Glock to be fixed for free, including frame issues where they will replace it with a gen 3 frame.

(Centre County)

Thanks for the info guys. I need to find out if the mags are all Glock mags or what brand they are. If I would do the trade it would probably be to refurbish it and then sell it. Right now I would probably the G22,mags and $50 to $75 and we each pay for shipping the guns to each other.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Personally I would not get rid of the Ruger ..I paid 325 for my G22 that was on Gunbroker a few years back.. A police trade-in that was in excellent condition, ..
    ^^ this Glocks are a dime a dozen..that gen Glock even more so and you can get them cheaper if you look around.

(Philadelphia County)

HI Xringshooter, I see that you are a Grand Member with over 950000 response power. I am not trying to build or add to my response power, but "What do you know about pistols?" With 950000 responses it is obvious your are experienced and knowledgeable about pistols. I am sure you know the value and condition of the magazines and condition of the G22, with your experience. Who benefits fro0m your inquiry?
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    HI Xringshooter, I see that you are a Grand Member with over 950000 response power. I am not trying to build or add to my response power, but "What do you know about pistols?" With 950000 responses it is obvious your are experienced and knowledgeable about pistols. I am sure you know the value and condition of the magazines and condition of the G22, with your experience. Who benefits fro0m your inquiry?
    Well, lets put it this way, does every gun owner, no matter how experienced with firearms, know everything about all guns? Probably not. Do they know where to go for information? They may or may not. I've been around firearms all my life and have had my FFL since 1989 and have run my own gunsmithing business since 1997 but that does not make me an expert in ALL matters about ALL firearms. I do know where my weaknesses are and know where to get information. My handgun knowledge strength happens to be in Ruger DA revolvers, especially the older models (Security Six, Police Service Six and the Speed Six). I collect them and have displayed them at many gun shows. I can work on and repair Glocks (and I have many times) but I have never studied the Glock family of firearms and their history as in depth as many here on the forum have so I used this forum to help educate myself. That is not to say that I haven't used other forums and the Internet recently to also add to my learning about the Glock platform. This forum is just another great information source for anyone wanting to get educated about any certain brand(s) of firearms.

Who benefits from my question(s)? Me. However, it could also assist anyone on this forum or anyone that is a first time Glock owner or a would be Glock owner who might actually have the same or similar question that I had.

As for the condition of the G22 that was proposed in the trade, I do not know the condition as the owner has not sent me any photos of the gun and the magazines. As I am not an expert on Glocks, I go to where people might be able to give me a few pointers on what to look for (from photos, if and when I get them), and what to ask the Glock owner. I use the answers from here along with answers from other sources to form questions to pose to the Glock owner. I do not buy or trade without being a fully informed as possible about what I am buying or trading for, especially if it is not a familiar platform to me.

By the way, besides an occasional question, I really do try to add to the overall knowledge base of the forum. I don't post just to post, I post when I think my post may add to or answer another persons posting or question. I believe I have done that in the past as several of my postings have been made into stickies that hopefully help answer forum members questions.

So why the (seems to me) snarky comment? In my opinion, your post added nothing to the conversation. However, this is a free and open forum so you have the privilege of posting what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast