Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Trying to determine 2nd gen, 2-pin, G19 info with serial number. Glock can't help?

Called Glock friday at the advice of buddies. They suggested I call Glock after little success with internet database and serial decoders. Glock said they would have to get back to me after further research which was odd after I read online that Glock would be able to give me a birthdate instantly.

My Two pin, 2nd gen G19 has serial number CGL###US. All I have been able to decipher is that it may or may not be made in OCT, with no year. It was definitely made in Austria but thats all I can ascertain.

There should be a 3 digit code on top of the barrel, all that is on mine is "9x19", no letters. Glocktalk databases shows four other reported "CGL" serial prefixes which are all G17s and G22s, the two G22s are PD registered guns. Not another single G19 has been reported.

Any help greatly appreciated while I wait for a call back from Glock.

Thanks Guys!
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Trying to determine 2nd gen, 2-pin, G19 info with serial number. Glock can't hel

Odds are it's a 2nd gen since the frame was replaced (the US suffix on the serial number indicates frame had the cracking issues).
    NRA RSO, NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Armorer

(Berks County)

Default Re: Trying to determine 2nd gen, 2-pin, G19 info with serial number. Glock can't hel

See I was under the impression the "us" designation represented an Austrian produced model bound for the USA.

(Allegheny County)

It will only have a 3 digit code on the barrel if it's Austrian proofed gun

(Allegheny County)

If it has proof marks on it like this it was made in Austria, if not then it was made in Austria as parts an assembled here.

(York County)

Interesting, CGL seems to be a serial for the G22. a .40cal so it would have a 3 pin frame and therefore yours wasn't a .40 that got a 9mm slide and barrel swap.

Post a pic of it and maybe we can see something that tells its story.

(Allegheny County)

FWIW I have a BLK G17 that was made in 95, yours would be after that according to the first 3 letters. I'm going to guess 96 or so.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    Odds are it's a 2nd gen since the frame was replaced (the US suffix on the serial number indicates frame had the cracking issues).
    Can you please elaborate?

I have (and had) several gen 2 Glocks that all have "US" appended to the serial on the plate embedded into the frame (format is ABC123US). This serial is reflected on the Tupperware box label as well. Majority of these guns were bought LNIB or NOS, so I'm confident the frames were not replaced. The serials on the barrel and frame lack the US (format ABC123).

I thought the format for a replaced frame's serial number plate was "ABC123-2". Right?

Regards,

Bones

ETA: my currently owned 2 gen2 19s are AYV and AKK. I think they're from 95 and 93 respectively, though the site I used to look them up seems to be down, so I could be wrong.
    Last edited by JoeyBones; January 18th, 2016 at 08:08 AM.

(Berks County)

Pics as requested. Note -US only appears on dust cover serial plate.

I did not receive the box with this pistol but it is "like new" and did come with a single 10 round mag.

My frame does say "Made in Austria" as well.

Last edited by Zet70; January 18th, 2016 at 09:17 AM.

(Allegheny County)

That gun will not have a 3 digit code on barrel, it's an Austrian made gun assembled in US, my guess would be 96 manufacture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast