Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Iron City Armory Owner Arrested - Goodbye FFL

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Yes but it's not the only place this happens.
    Collier Sportsmans club has also been around a long time.
    When Nevillewood started building, the same thing occurred with new residents complaining about noise and safety concerns.
    As posted, the new residents at Greater Pitt complained to the township. I'm no expert but does the decade shutdown give the residents more right to keep it shut down or as happened, another entity wanted to give it a try. The business was there for 50 years prior.
    We, as shooters should try to keep ranges open and not want to see failure because the owner is changing tires.
    No one seems to like the owner. I get that and won't spend the money to join unless the cost to use that range drops substantially.
    It is a great location for a shitpot full of shooters.
    If it becomes a viable place to shoot and would have any kind of legal longevity I would jump on joining at half the current cost.
    Tex had quite a few legal issues going on for a few years before it was shut down. There were still classes there and the range restrictions were about the same as PMSC although full auto was not prohibited.
    I got all of my NRA certs there and shot IDPA as well.
    The owner of IC isn't much different and many wouldn't go there for that reason alone.
    I bought a gun from Tex. I bought a gun from Jason.
    Neither one were problematic to deal with for me.
    I suppose I look at it selfishly as to what works for me.

The place is an absolute shithole but I would rejoin for a closer place to shoot. I don't need to use the clubhouse. I don't shoot trap. I just want a place to do pistol, rifle and have a place to dump if needed.
    Now. All that bullshit is just my opinion and you all know how I feel about those.
    I realize that people will still complain. Just pointing out that surely there were "a few" new homes to go up while the place was closed. Those people would perhaps have a legitimate gripe.

As for the rest, I would love to see a new range open and THRIVE.
    With what we know of the current management, I don't see this happening.

Not everyone is cut out for running a business - it takes more than "Hey, I'm gonna start a business and it will be great."
    Generally speaking, you are best to avoid telling customers "Fuck you, don't ever come back here".
    The guy is clearly a dickhead - I'm not forming an uninformed opinion here, he made his dickheadedness clear to all in his social media postings. Fuck him. I'd love to see the range survive, but he's not likely the right captain for that ship and I'd no more support his business than I would Dick's.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I used to do a lot of work for a big name builder here in Lancaster. At the time I was a member at Millcreek Sportsmans Club. The land next to the club was being developed for higher end homes.
    The owner of the building company remarked to me that he'd be shutting down the club, it was only a matter of time. He had come here from NJ and was making a name for himself. By then actually he already had.

He never did get it closed. It's the attitude I really dislike. To come to a community and start to forcefully try and impose your will on neighbors and all the people, the culture and tradition that was there long before. For whatever reason. This was so the well off could live in large obnoxious townies with beautiful landscaping that's wasted on people that rarely spend time outside other than on a golf course.

And this isn't a class warfare thing. I see it at all the neighborhoods I work. People are inside all the time now. No cooking out, kids playing in the yard or driveway or even just sittting and talking.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I used to do a lot of work for a big name builder here in Lancaster. At the time I was a member at Millcreek Sportsmans Club. The land next to the club was being developed for higher end homes.
    The owner of the building company remarked to me that he'd be shutting down the club, it was only a matter of time. He had come here from NJ and was making a name for himself. By then actually he already had.

He never did get it closed. It's the attitude I really dislike. To come to a community and start to forcefully try and impose your will on neighbors and all the people, the culture and tradition that was there long before. For whatever reason.
    This was so the well off could live in large obnoxious townies with beautiful landscaping that's wasted on people that rarely spend time outside other than on a golf course.

And this isn't a class warfare thing. I see it at all the neighborhoods I work. People are inside all the time now. No cooking out, kids playing in the yard or driveway or even just sittting and talking.
    I can't believe the number of people who have homes of all sizes who spend NO time outdoors on their own property.
    When I mow, I see things that clearly indicate that nobody ever goes into their yard/onto their patios.
    I will typically pick up objects that have blown into a lawn or have fallen from a second floor deck, but I've also left items as an experiment to see if they were ever picked up/placed back where they belong. Nope - people don't go outside - they don't see it. I could probably mow only the front lawn and it would take a month before they noticed the back had not been mowed.

What was this thread about again?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can't believe the number of people who have homes of all sizes who spend NO time outdoors on their own property.
    When I mow, I see things that clearly indicate that nobody ever goes into their yard/onto their patios.
    I will typically pick up objects that have blown into a lawn or have fallen from a second floor deck, but I've also left items as an experiment to see if they were ever picked up/placed back where they belong. Nope - people don't go outside - they don't see it. I could probably mow only the front lawn and it would take a month before they noticed the back had not been mowed.

What was this thread about again?
    This thread is a living, breathing document lol

They sure have nice expensive grills and patio sets though!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    This reminds me of when I was house shopping recently. We had made an offer on a home and as we are walking around with the realtor we started hearing gun fire and what sounded like a cannon or some large explosion coming from the woods across the road. Our realtor was mortified hahaha. We kept telling her "we're gun people, it's not that big of a deal" but she was really flustered and started calling the listing agent and all this stuff. We never bought the home but it was just funny. It wasn't a shooting range or club, just someone having fun at their camp or farm.
    You should have played on the realtor's gun fears to get a lower price.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    You should have played on the realtor's gun fears to get a lower price.
    hahaha yeah you're right. Although it turned out that the seller was not willing to lower the price more than $300 on a $160k house despite some repairs that needed to be made. We ended up backing out of the deal, which in hindsight was the correct call. No shooting in my current neighborhood, although If I'm outside I can occasionally hear some rounds of fire coming from the correction officers at the prison about a mile away.

Was out at the range recently. Steel targets put up at all distances, not a bad setup. Still have a far way to go but seems like after the court ruling they're putting in an effort. Only thing that was odd is they're going to start charging members $5 to use the range for maintenance fees.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdm5008 View Post
    Was out at the range recently. Steel targets put up at all distances, not a bad setup. Still have a far way to go but seems like after the court ruling they're putting in an effort. Only thing that was odd is they're going to start charging members $5 to use the range for maintenance fees.
    Don't they already charge for a membership? Shouldn't that be covering maintenance?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cdm5008 View Post
    Do they charge for parking too?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Do they charge for parking too?

LOL!

This is the first thing I thought of.
    Those brainiacs probably got the idea from this commercial!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast