Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Wa state bill to ban possession of assault weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    LIBERALISM IS A CANCER THAT SPREADS, 49 % OF SO CALLED AMERICANS ON THE GOVERNMENT TIT.
    When it reaches 51% it will be difficult to peacefully change it.

(Delaware County)

...A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned...
    It's been a while since I held a rifle, but doesn't this describe the stock?

<semi-sarcastic smiley>

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    It's been a while since I held a rifle, but doesn't this describe the stock?

<semi-sarcastic smiley>
    The sponsors of the bill sure as hell don't know the difference between a stock and a barrel shroud.

(Berks County)

WTF is this retarded fascination with barrel shrouds? These people are just straight up domestic threats.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The sponsors of the bill sure as hell don't know the difference between a stock and a barrel shroud.
    Seriously, though: show me one rifle - just one - where the *entire* barrel is exposed, with no place for the "nontrigger hand" to go "without being burned".

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    WA state has gotten so full of progressives, free loaders and serial killers....who know it will most likely pass.
    Like many states, the large urban area, Seattle, is controlling the politics of the state. The tail is wagging the dog.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It also bans almost all pistols.

Isn't there a bill like this in almost every state? Not sure if it is news or not.
    Basically canned pre-written legislation ready-to-go. Probably be introduced in any state with a possibility of passage, or even without a possibility.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Like many states, the large urban area, Seattle, is controlling the politics of the state. The tail is wagging the dog.
    Washington is a pretty cool state, I really like it and enjoy going there, but Seattle sucks.

No worries though because one day Mt. Rainier will erupt again and Seattle will be buried under many feet of lahar flows. Just a fact of life there.

(Columbia County)

Here is some facts about Washington State and its gun laws. The state recently did away with its ban on short barreled rifles. The state now allows the possession, transfer, purchase of short barreled rifles. There was a story on another website about a resident of that state having an AR pistol who tried to get a Tax Stamp to make it into a short barreled rifle. It came back denied. The reason was the state did not allow the manufacture of short barreled firearms therefore he could not legally convert it. Apparently they forgot to put the word “manufacture “into the law. Over all the state allows Sound supressors, AOW, Short barreled rifles( no shotguns) , machine guns that were owned prior to 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Seriously, though: show me one rifle - just one - where the *entire* barrel is exposed, with no place for the "nontrigger hand" to go "without being burned".
    The answer is the Maynard Rifle, Model 2 - 1858. I tried to include a picture here but couldn't make that happen. I guess Washington citizens will have to stock up on them. There are still a fair number to be had. It loads from the breech and even uses a metallic cartridge. Percussion caps are still required though. Of course, if Washington State has a large ammo ban this model may not work since it is .50 cal and it might be classified as a "Destructive device". The lever action Henry Model 1860 might meet the criteria too. There is, however, a tubular magazine running the length of the barrel. You can rest it on your hand and it does not get quite as hot as the actual barrel. Then again, the Henry, chambered in 44-40 WIN, has a magazine capacity of 13 plus one in the chamber. That might violate proposed magazine capacity restrictions, so that may not work in Washington State either.

To your point though, I do not think the authors of this and similar legislation know very much about firearms. They get their information and talking points from Bloomberg funded anti-gun organizations. Obama consulted Bloomberg on his Executive Order. Bloomberg organizations feed the NYS Legislature their SAFE ACT provisions. Prince Andrew Cuomo was publicly humiliated over his 7-round magazine restriction. When asked how he came up with that bizarre restriction, he promptly and publicly fingered Bloomberg for recommending it. Bloomie denied it, sort of. I once read some proposed gun ban legislation (I think from NJ) and the bill had a very long list of prohibited features. Among them was a "fluted barrel". Not kidding. I swear if the anti-gunners learn of some feature on a firearm that they hadn't already seen in some cowboy movie, they think it must be hi-tech, modern and evil. What is wrong with a fluted barrel, a thumb hole stock, a barrel shroud or a pistol grip? They all help the shooter to be more accurate. I think that the anti-gunners believe that any feature, which improves the chances that a shooter will actually hit what he is aiming at, is inherently an evil feature. They believe they make the world safer by making it harder for shooters to hit what they aim at. As a result, removing a feature that might cause a shooter to burn his hand and miss a shot is viewed by them as a gun safety improvement. If fluting a barrel reduces weight and improves accuracy, that is evil and must be banned. Years ago, I saw some politician (may have even been Bloomberg when he was Mayor) whining and carrying on about how they were even making guns in non-traditional black or stainless colors to make them more attractive to women! Oh the humanity. It got better though when, to prove his point, he referred to guns that were even being made in all blue and red! Someone had to tell him that those were non operating all-plastic guns used often for police training.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast