Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to connect to PAFOA

When accessing public wifi I typically use a VPN, e.g., Cyberghost. I usually have no problem logging-on to Poofa with whichever random server IP address to which I'm assigned, but the other day, I got a message that the IP address was blocked by the administrator.

Is this because someone who was banned had used that particular anonomized address or does Poofa attempt to identify and exclude VPN IPs as if it's a spam? The free version of Cyberghost can take a lot of time to get in and out of, so I just had to go cold turkey on all the fun over here during that particular net session.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to connect to PAFOA

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    When accessing public wifi I typically use a VPN, e.g., Cyberghost. I usually have no problem logging-on to Poofa with whichever random server IP address to which I'm assigned, but the other day, I got a message that the IP address was blocked by the administrator.
    Yes, sometimes the bad people ruin it for everyone.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I get the same thing when I house clean, I just turn it off, log on and turn it back on and everything is fine..they need a tracker.. some times you just need to stand for somethin........
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Berks County)

Is this because someone who was banned had used that particular anonomized address or does Poofa attempt to identify and exclude VPN IPs as if it's a spam? The free version of Cyberghost can take a lot of time to get in and out of, so I just had to go cold turkey on all the fun over here during that particular net session.
    Im guessing that wouldnt work with Tor either.

(Allegheny County)

Upmc locations blocks poofa for me

(Jefferson County)

You can blame the spammers and the folks who try to get around their bans.

Every IP address registered to host that originates a spam message gets blocked - exceptions for mainstream ISP's. ..it is the reason why most of the Asia/Pacific/Eastern Europe regions are blocked, also with proxies/hosts/cohosts elsewhere. The banned folks really haven't generated many blocked IP ranges. ..just a few here and there.

I've been hammering down on the spammers since before I became an admin. And really took control of it once I received the admin status.

We went from countless spam messages a day, to about a couple a month.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I get this whenever I use a NY server (and sometimes Chicago) my VPN provider has. Right now, I am using Detroit, with no issues.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You can blame the spammers and the folks who try to get around their bans.

Every IP address registered to host that originates a spam message gets blocked - exceptions for mainstream ISP's. ..it is the reason why most of the Asia/Pacific/Eastern Europe regions are blocked, also with proxies/hosts/cohosts elsewhere. The banned folks really haven't generated many blocked IP ranges. ..just a few here and there.

I've been hammering down on the spammers since before I became an admin. And really took control of it once I received the admin status.

We went from countless spam messages a day, to about a couple a month.
    put it behind a proxy like cloudflare or incapsula to help with the botting and spam. my own personal experience is that incapsula is WAYYYY more reliable than cloudflare. put the load on their servers...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty