Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Walther CCP anyone?

I've been interested in one of these for a few months and watched every YouTube video there is on it and even held one in a lgs over the weekend. The price is good as well as the capacity vs many of the other single stack 9mm's and I find the piston thingy interesting as well as the fixed barrel. I know all about the take down and the tool but I'm not an operator or a ninja so I don't care about using a tool while watching TV when I clean the guns.
    So I'm looking for info from you guys and if anyone has or had one of these what's your impression of it.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Walther CCP anyone?

They only issue that I have seen is the slide stop tension spring is prone to breakage which results in the slide locking open after every round when fired. I like the grip feel and size for a small 9 mm carry pistol.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

The disassemble / reassemble procedures can be a real pain and I wish that the trigger was more like the PPQ, but it's not that bad. It's great value for the money much like all Walthers (plus CZ's which are my personal favorite) and I would recommend it to anyone.

(Chester County)

I am a huge HK P7 fan having two of them, and I carry a German police (BMI) surplus P7 often, so I like the concept of the Umarex CCP. Yes, it is not a Walther out of Ulm, but a Umarex airgun type product out of Arnsberg. This means the quality is not of Walther standards. I have no personal experience, but I have read a plethora of bad reviews on this gun. What does it offer over a Walther PPS?

(Northampton County)

Exactly. I see no advantage over a PPS, which is more versatile anyways.

For starters the grip is night and day better then the PPS and there is a couple more rounds in the standard mags.

I've read over on the Walther fourms there are reports of catastrophic failure & issues that are well documented. It seems like they brought a pistol to the market for a problem that only exists in our heads.

It's in most of our nature to go for what we think or are told what is better but in reality it's not much different then anything else in its class performance wise.

After all my assessments and purchases for a CCW over the last 3 years I have come to the conclusion there isn't anything out there in the single stack market that can out perform the Shield.

This was a post that was in response to a short follow up review on the CCP from inrange TV. The reviewer did acknowledge that there are a lot of users with this issue however his has been good.

https://www.full30.com/video/fa08961...d645a23198d69f

I bought the same gun a few weeks ago. Finally took it out to the range a couple of days ago. It is a utter piece of shit. It blew apart before even one box of ammo was shot in it (115gr. Federal target practice, nothing even close to being hot). The counter plate shattered and the locking catch broke in two. Search the web, you'll find that's been happening to a lot of these. The Walther Forums even have a running thread on all the known problems with the CCP. Karl got lucky and got a decent one right away. But, how long before that one breaks? These guns aren't made at the Walther plant. They are made by Umarex, the same company that makes those cheap airsoft rifles.
    am very sorry to hear about your experience. I can only speak to my sample of one, and it has been great - I did see the Walther forums and there is indeed a lot of concerning stuff goingon there. The best I can do is report my experience; if it fails I will defintely update our viewers.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 13th, 2016 at 11:23 PM.

Hodgie good info as usual. I tried to rep you but I gotta spend it around some. At this point I will be turning my back on this pistol, I don't like it being produced by an airsoft company. I'll just be getting the shield and a snubbie....
    Last edited by *Klutch*; January 14th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Hodgie good info as usual. I tried to replace you but I gotta spend it around some. At this point I will be turning my acknowledge on this pistol, I don't like it being produced by an airsoft company. I'll just be getting the shield and a snubbie....
    No problem man I am glad I could shed some light on the CCP not saying it's complete crap but when there are known issues with a pistol made specifically for CCW people should be aware. Right now I have the Glock 43 which is good but I think when funds come available I will be picking up another Shield with no safety since my wife is daily carrying my other one now.

(Cambria County)

For starters the grip is night and day better then the PPS and there is a couple more rounds in the standard mags.
    Hodgie good info as usual. I tried to rep you but I gotta spend it around some. At this point I will be turning my back on this pistol, I don't like it being produced by an airsoft company. I'll just be getting the shield and a snubbie....
    If you like the "thought" of the CCP, but not the "issues"... check out the PPS M2. It has a similar grip to the CCP/PPQ (similar, not exact).
    It has a better trigger. And I suspect it will have the PPS reliability inherent. Made in Ulm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?