Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: live in PA, want license to carry in NY, just might be able to

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

My main interest now in getting a permit is so I can travel through Elmira airport and bring a pistol in my checked bag.
    Hey i know that airport (fyi if you ever need to do a layover check out the Hampton inn right by the mall, also pm me prior and ill see what kind of discount i can get you)
    Shameless plug aside, i have been trying to move to PA even prior to the unsafe act, but since i work in NY all my friends and family live in NY i would be spending a good deal of time in that area (i don't like not going to Horseheads brewery at least once a week). But now that this deal was struck up im back to saving my change for a move here hopefully in the very near future

(Wayne County)

Sandcut, did you ever receive a response from Sheriff Steelman? I checked the Wayne County Sheriff's Department Facebook page, but didn't see this post on the wall; it's possible the admin took it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, it is time to try to ride the ground swell. The topic is likely fresh on the mind of northern tier Sheriffs. I posted this on the Wayne Co. Sheriff's Facebook page (there was no email provided on their homepage).

Sheriff Steelman, I am sure by now that you have read in the news that the Sheriff's of Bradford County, PA and Chemung County, NY have entered into an agreement to issue non-resident carry permits to their respective residents. I'm taking a moment to reach out to you this morning to ask you to also consider reaching out to the Sheriffs of those NY counties bordering Wayne County (Broome, Delaware and Sullivan) and/or Chemumg County to arrange for a similar agreement.
    The several times that I've met you you've always shown yourself to be a supporter for the lawful carry of firearms. I know many residents of our county, myself included, that have expressed that they would gladly visit NY state to hunt, fish and camp more frequently if they weren't stripped of the ability to protect their family and friends at the border. Much like Pennsylvania, New York is a beautiful state. I am certain that many residents of NY share this sentiment.
    Please consider initiating this effort to allow the law-abiding residents of your county and of New York to have the ability to lawfully traverse our state borders while retaining the ability to lawfully protect ourselves, our families and our friends.
    Respectfully,

Sandcut

If you are a northern tier resident, get in your Sheriff's ear on this.
    I really hope other PA and NY sheriffs start holding similar sitdowns to expand issue of non resident permits. Maybe PA can start rubbing off on NY and expand freedom instead of NY rubbing off on PA and spreading liberalism.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
    Sandcut, did you ever receive a response from Sheriff Steelman? I checked the Wayne County Sheriff's Department Facebook page, but didn't see this post on the wall; it's possible the admin took it down.

I really hope other PA and NY sheriffs start holding similar sitdowns to expand issue of non resident permits. Maybe PA can start rubbing off on NY and expand freedom instead of NY rubbing off on PA and spreading liberalism.
    No word yet. It doesn't show on the mobile feed. It may still on the desktop feed. I'll check later.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Susquehanna County)

Sandcut any response yet???

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler1120 View Post
    I contacted the Broome County sheriff as soon as I saw the article and he informed me they are in discussion with the Susquehanna County Sheriff (who requested it). We'll see where it goes.
    I know that Broome and Susquehanna entered an agreement late in 2016 or early 2017. HOWEVER even though the Broome County Sheriff was right there at the table during the press conference they still will not issue to non-resident unless you own property in NYS. Shortly after that Susquehanna County went back to listing that as a requirement for NYS residents. so just a dog and pony show for some odd reason.
    My wife went to apply based on the agreement and the fact she works in Broome County, there were actually rude and called her a liar when she said I had a NY State Pistol permit. Thankfully she had enough wits to turn and leave when they demanded to know my name and county of issue. She also works out of Chenango County who was just as rude when she asked there.

Further news is now NY State requires non-residents to provide a NYS NRNDID (New York State, Non-Resident, Non-driver ID) to renew or apply for a NY State Pistol Permit
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Shortly after that Susquehanna County went back to listing that as a requirement for NYS residents. so just a dog and pony show for some odd reason.
    Well, looks like I'll be threatening to sue Sheriff Benedict again in a couple years when I'm up for renewal (again). Sheesh. Is it really so freaking hard for an officer of the law to follow the god damn law?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Sandcut any response yet???
    Not a word.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345