Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: In Philadelphia it is Delaware Valley Sports Center

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    They close at 8:30.
    Thanks, I saw that I was just wondering if they had a cut off on when they let shooters in. I saw that some stop letting new shooters in once it reaches an hour until closing time. I work up in KOP until 6 so by the time I get back down to the northeast and all it is getting close to 7 or so.

(Philadelphia County)

DVSC is pretty decent; I used to be a member. The only reason I left was I could not shoot my 30.06 there. I had to zero my new optic before deer season. It made no sense to me; I was allowed to shoot my .308, members are allowed to shoot shotguns, you are allowed to fire .50 cal pistols, but a 30.06 is out of the question? I went to Holmesberg; I can deal with the 5 round limit.

(Philadelphia County)

DSVC is a great shop, but I don't buy there anymore because their prices are just ridiculous. They do seem to always be busy though, and I occasionally stop by to check it out and see what they have in stock. Always a friendly staff too, but again, highest prices in my area by a LONG shot.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    DVSC is where I shoot. Anthony is very friendly and so is his staff. The range is very clean and well-lit. I shoot during the week and never have to wait for a lane. Another great thing is I can shoot my WASR with steel cased ammo without any issues there. I'm a very happy customer.
    My wife and I always shoot at DVSC. I've been a member going on three years now (about to renew for the 4th consecutive year). Maybe we'll run into each other! haha

(Philadelphia County)

I went in there shopping the other day for the first time and I am also from the holmesburg area and this place was definitely nice and worth the extra drive for me. Good customer service, I am going to be taking the girlfriend there to try some rentals as she has her ltcf now. And will be getting her first pistol. I forget the older gentlemans name I talked to but he said if she rents a 380 he'll let her try two for the same price, also I think wed is ladies night so I would only have to pay and her rental. Will definitely go back there.

(Delaware County)

Franks Double Tap. Range is a hair nicer, firearm stock much smaller.
    Frank's a dirt ball. After the NY Daily News article giving him any business is, Well,,,,,,,,

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy76 View Post
    Frank's a dirt ball. After the NY Daily News article giving him any business is, Well,,,,,,,,
    I know double tap. After the daily news article and video. And prices being gouged bad a few years back I won't be going back to Frank's. Prices aren't good last I was there. Maybe 3 yrs ago. And most everyone I know can drive there in 5 mins. I have driven out of my way to go to classic pistol, Abington gun and sport, dvsc, surplus city, delias, etc close enough. I have half a dozen friends that have stopped doing any business there also. It sucks because it's close and the range is ok. But just too much for me to go back. I might be getting a membership at holmesburg gun range on state. Outdoors and indoor pistol. No smoked out range, $100 yr and have an NRA membership

(Philadelphia County)

Holmesburg has some restrictive rules. Five round limit - no exceptions. No carrying at all. OC or CC - no. Outdoors is 25Y only.

Some people like it, visit it first. Remember it is a range only, nothing available for purchase. Bring your own ammo and targets (targets might have to be "correct")
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

Holmesburg has some restrictive rules. Five round limit - no exceptions. No carrying at all. OC or CC - no. Outdoors is 25Y only.

Some people like it, visit it first. Remember it is a range only, nothing available for purchase. Bring your own ammo and targets (targets might have to be "correct")
    Yeah I went down there maybe a month ago with a buddy. Got a tour during a skeet shooting night, an older gentleman we talked to knew we both were carrying concealed as we where telling him what our carry guns where at the beginning of the tour and didn't mention it being a problem,but that could be for membership reasons. I also wasn't told about the five round rule. Not a huge issue but I don't really want to only load 5 at a time. I'm fine with range only as it's very close. But good information to know before dropping the money, I know you also have to qualify for indoor pistol range outdoors first which isn't a problem. I might not have been given a problem with carry because I am on crutches for damn near 4 months and told him thats why I carry everywhere now. And he just nodded ok.
    I appreciate your feedback before I go spending money. Maybe I'll visit again and ask a few more questions before I spend the money

(Philadelphia County)

I know this is an old post , Does anybody know do they accept steel case ammo? Used to go to franks in the area but they don't accept steel case and am looking for a new place to shoot . Mainly shoots 223 steel case , other than that all pistol rounds will be brass case

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast