Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Glock Magazine Fix

I have a Glock 30S. With a full mag (9) rounds, which is hard as hell to load the last round, the slide is hard to close. Is there a fix for the mag, like cutting the spring so I can load 9 + 1 in the tube.
    I will fear no man or beast, because my 45 is on my side, at least!

(Washington County)

Default Re: Glock Magazine Fix

I wouldn't cut the spring. Load 7 or 8 in it and let it sit for a little while. Then use the glock mag tool to load in the 9th.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Lancaster County)

Piece of crap. You could give the 30s to me

(Bucks County)

Is it a Glock magazine? Have you tried checking slide resistance with an empty mag? Does it function normally loaded with 8?

Can you tell which end of the ninth cartridge is binding? Try rotating the spring so the slant engaging the follower is the other way? Is the spring engaging the follower correctly? Before cutting the spring, consider slightly bending the ears of the magazine, allowing the round to ride a little higher and relieving the bind.

The slide face should be pushing the top round forward with any resistance being caused by the top round sliding along the next round beneath it, and the ears above, quickly relieved by the picked-up round rising upwards once clearing the ears of the mag. How much effort to get the slide to put the top round into battery? Just a mild bump with the heel of the hand? How new is the gun? Is it broken in? Correctly lubed? Do you have access to another magazine to see if yours is faulty?

(Chester County)

Thanks Bang.
    Will check all you said. I picked up the gun used, but I was told it was only to the range 1 time. I got 4 mags with it and my 21 mags will fit as well. Will let you know as soon as I get a chance to check.
    I will fear no man or beast, because my 45 is on my side, at least!

(Bucks County)

Will let you know as soon as I get a chance to check

I'm circling the drain. Well, put it this way...I'm a lot closer to the end than the beginning. With 69 posts since 2009, I hope I'm around to read your post

(Philadelphia County)

The g30sf only holds 9 rounds? My g30 does 10 for the mags that come with it. Anyway they have mag extenders that replace the floor plate of the mag, some just add a spot for your pinky finger, but others add a round or 2 to your overall mag cap. Maybe adding a little more room will help you out with loading that last round. Personally I throw g21 mags in mine and I bought the mag sleeves to take away from the extended mag look.

Edit: I had a glock 26 rd mag that gave me problems, loading was a pain, and it would jam on the feed occasionally. It was only a range mag but still; anyway I notice it was the metal ears at the top were a little rough, and scratched the brass. So a little work with a jewelers file and now it runs perfect.
    Last edited by bml215; June 12th, 2016 at 01:21 PM.