Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: So I found out why..

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    I hunt with my friend in western PA + NY and upstate NY at my moms house, good people through and through. I meant NYC so that is my fault.

Not a problem at all. It's funny because I was born downstate my parents and sister were born in Queens and Brooklyn and all of my cousins aunts and uncles live on Long Island and New York City but it's amazing how different they are from everyone else. They really have the upstate New York/Pennsylvania mentality all good people not liberal.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Not a problem at all. It's funny because I was born downstate my parents and sister were born in Queens and Brooklyn and all of my cousins aunts and uncles live on Long Island and New York City but it's amazing how different they are from everyone else. They really have the upstate New York/Pennsylvania mentality all good people not liberal.
    Honestly think when these liberal cities get to a certain population, they should break off like D.C. and enjoy their own stupid laws. I loved going through NY and seeing the anti- NY SAFE Act signs on every lawn lol

(Tioga County)

I can't stand NYers and NJ types coming here to my local area and we have a saying, you can visit but then GTFO.

That said having spent time over the years in both states I have found nice people here and there but definitely the mindset is completely different. Actually I was surprised when you get out on Long Island the people are different from those in northern NJ and the NYC area. A lot friendlier and less obnoxious.

Agree. We call those people "citiots".

Small world. I used to live in Lakewood right off New Hampshire, in Fairway Villas. Heading down to ShoreShot Pistol Range today to visit with some old friends. When you're settled in, maybe we can hang for a beer or two and compare notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post

Small world. I used to live in Lakewood right off New Hampshire, in Fairway Villas. Heading down to ShoreShot Pistol Range today to visit with some old friends. When you're settled in, maybe we can hang for a beer or two and compare notes.
    Sounds like a plan. I grew up near Warren Grove. My fiance actually got a gift card for that range for some range time + rental. We forgot to go before we left.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Citiots, thats a good one...and common sense is often lacking.

One form of amusement regarding citiots, or as I call them " the tourists" who are of a certain ethnic persuasion and are common weekenders in these parts:
    Well they all own SUVs , and in the winter they expect to drive right into the driveway regardless of conditions. Its hilarious when they attempt to get in the driveway and get hung up/stuck on the hard crusty berm the plow leaves behind. Have seen this numerous times. One weekend some neighboring tourists arrived and promptly got hung up on the snow berm. After numerous attempts to rock it out, it was obvious they came a without shovel or even boots. While the male came over and asked to borrow a shovel, the female emptied out some plastic shopping bags and tied em around her shoes in attempt to slog thru a 12"+ snowfall. No extra charge for the entertainment.
    Last edited by mark40; January 11th, 2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add content
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I love the ones who move here and go on and on how their home state was so much better. the food is better the water is better the housing and roads are better. If Pa. sucks so hard go back home.
    I get that a good bit from some of my foriegn co workers,especially Africans and I jump right on em....if it's so great where you came from then why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I get that a good bit from some of my foriegn co workers,especially Africans and I jump right on em....if it's so great where you came from then why are you here?
    +1 On that. Everyone hates America but they don't mind the freedom or prosperity. If the craphole you came from was so great, why did you leave? That's right to make money and send back to your garbage country.
    Last edited by MovingtoAmerica; January 11th, 2016 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Can't spell

(Philadelphia County)

+1 On that. Everyone hates America but they don't mind the freedom or prosperity. If the craphole you came from was so great, why did you leave? That's right to make money and send back to your garbage country.
    ....and nowadays,God only knows what that money is paying for.

(Allegheny County)

I grew up in the pine barrens in NJ but spent a lot of time with my hillbilly family in rural Texas.
    Where at? I am from Houston but spent a lot of time in East TX, Nacogdoches area where my Dad was from. I had an uncle who could have been a character on Hee-Haw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast