Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Philadelphia: Attempt to Execute Police Officer

Here is the report I just read:
    http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/philadelp...e/?cat_orig=us

I put this here because it is Pennsylvania related and Philadelphia legislators and politicians are the most relentless in trying to infringe our civil rights. I suspect this event will be seized upon by the anti-Constitutionalists to clamor for more "common sense gun control", when it should serve to instruct the Philadelphia politicians that criminals do not obey laws, threaten public safety and that disarming law-abiding citizens is not in the public interest.

UPDATE: Well, that did not take long. From Fox News, I have this quote from Philadelphia's new mayor: "Jim Kenney, who is in his first week as mayor of the nation's fifth largest city, said, "There are just too many guns on the streets and I think our national government needs to do something about that.""

Again, the problem is the "guns" not the dysfunctional, out-of-control, Philadelphia city government that has failed its citizens for decades and now demands that the Federal government do something.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; January 8th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

Default Re: Philadelphia: Attempt to Execute Police Officer

This would have never happened if nutter took all the guns away from the law abiding citizens. We need more gun laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Here is the report I just read:
    http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/philadelp...e/?cat_orig=us

I put this here because it is Pennsylvania related and Philadelphia legislators and politicians are the most relentless in trying to infringe our civil rights. I suspect this event will be seized upon by the anti-Constitutionalists to clamor for more "common sense gun control", when it should serve to instruct the Philadelphia politicians that criminals do not obey laws, threaten public safety and that disarming law-abiding citizens is not in the public interest.
    Hey thanks. Nice to see that you are glad the officer is okay.

(Philadelphia County)

BTW, not confirmed, but reports being received the suspect did it "in the name of islam".

(Bucks County)

One report was the suspect was wearing layers and layers of heavy clothing. While it was cold, it wasn't so cold to necessitate the amount of clothing. Hoping added layers act like body armor?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Hey thanks. Nice to see that you are glad the officer is okay.
    I am glad he was not murdered, as I am sure that those here who read the story will be glad as well, including you. Just did not see the need to wear it on my sleeve. No one can be glad it happened at all. And, although he has survived, he was wounded and who knows what that is going to mean for his future. I am not glad about that. I am also not glad that the Philadelphia's Mayor seized on it immediately to support the President's gun control agenda.

(Carbon County)

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer is recovering after he was shot several times during an ambush late Thursday night in West Philadelphia.

Philadelphia police commissioner Richard Ross says the officer was sitting in his patrol car around 11:30 p.m. at 60th and Spruce Streets when a gunman fired 13 shots through the driver’s side of the car.

The officer — 33-year-old Jesse Hartnett — was struck three times in his arm, authorities say.

“Shots fired! I’m shot! I’m bleeding heavily!” Hartnett can be heard yelling on police radio.

[B]Sources tell Eyewitness News the suspect has given a full confession, saying he did it in the name of Islam.[/B]]
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ce=twitterfeed
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

A simple minded person like me would look at the facts and say: Mooselimb Terrorist.

But my betters who have the gift of unlimited nuance would likely conclude: Workplace Violence.

(Tioga County)

Good job on the police officer returning fire after 13 rounds went his direction at close range. Hopefully he will recover with no long lasting damage.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    BTW, not confirmed, but reports being received the suspect did it "in the name of islam".
    If it means anything, the first thing I thought was "I hope it wasn't Carson".

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast