Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philly LTCF

(Philadelphia County)

Default Philly LTCF

So....I put in for a Philly LTCF on 12/16. Not counting the big, long break that GPU takes and MLK and Prez Day, 45 calendar days is 02/17 and 45 business days is 03/04. The line was mobbed for LTCF's the day I went. I spent 2-3 hours that day smh. I'm hopeful I get approved. I'm seeing Philly can usually be on the nose with the 45 days, some ppl taking as long as 10 weeks. I am going to transfer 4 guns into my name from a deceased relative this week. If I get approved for the firearms transfer should I have any problems getting my LTCF?

Default Re: Philly LTCF

The LTCF is more in depth than a normal background check. I've heard people being denied, specifically in philly for unpaid water bills and parking tickets. It's also 45 days not biz days but it won't stop philly gpu from telling you otherwise.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shs2203 View Post
    So....I put in for a Philly LTCF on 12/16. Not counting the big, long break that GPU takes and MLK and Prez Day, 45 calendar days is 02/17 and 45 business days is 03/04. The line was mobbed for LTCF's the day I went. I spent 2-3 hours that day smh. I'm hopeful I get approved. I'm seeing Philly can usually be on the nose with the 45 days, some ppl taking as long as 10 weeks. I am going to transfer 4 guns into my name from a deceased relative this week. If I get approved for the firearms transfer should I have any problems getting my LTCF?
    Im assuming this was your 1st time at the GPU?

Its a trip I despise every 5 years.

(Philadelphia County)

I also applied 12/16. Never received a letter in the mail. Went down yesterday and waited for three hours while they processed the app. They were not happy that most of us did not have the approval letter because it makes things "so much more difficult" but finally left with my LTCF

(Philadelphia County)

I really do wonder how long it takes now a days to actually receive an "approval letter" for a very clean app (with 45 days being the legal max). I am guessing at least 100 days but that is just a guess. Anyone here actually receive an approval letter in the mail recently (say since September, 2015 - i.e. in the last 6 months) before you gave up sometime after the two month mark and just forced the issue by arriving in person and not going away until things were eventually processed?? I do expect the wait became a bit worse after the December California Jihad and the later Philadelphia follow-up.

I would strongly guess that the actual office processing personnel have little say on the matter, but if they went to mailing out LTCF on approval (like all or virtually all of the other counties that do not just issue on the spot do), they could really make a very substantial dent into their workload, enough so that meeting the 45 day clock provided by law would likely be a non-issue. After all, Philadelphia County processes far few LTCF applications each year (as per the stats) than a variety of other counties that keep on top of things.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't have any bills in my name except my cell phone bill. I don't live in a house so no water bill and I don't drive so no parking tickets. All I know is Philly GPU sucks ass.

(Philadelphia County)

I really wish Philly issued on the spot lol. It sucks.

(Philadelphia County)

So much more difficult my ass. They need to get their shit together. I'm thinking of going down there after the 17th if I don't get my approval letter before then.

(Philadelphia County)

I despised it too lol.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shs2203 View Post
    I don't have any bills in my name except my cell phone bill. I don't live in a house so no water bill and I don't drive so no parking tickets. All I know is Philly GPU sucks ass.
    Do you have a drivers license or ID card? Just wondering what you used for proof of ID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast