Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philly LTCF

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly LTCF

A PA State ID non-driver's card is specifically approved by the PPD Gun Permits Unit in place of a driver's license. They are also happy to take official bank statements, credit card statements and similar in place of bills and say so (I used them as part of my initial app years ago when I was new to Philly - but mine were not just computer printouts). If you need to, you could apply for a credit card or similar not for regular non-emergency use use but mostly as a form of proof of residence. And, you could (if you get e-mail only delivery of a credit card or bank statement) go to paper for a couple months or just call the bank or credit card company and have them send you one paper copy.

As per the app:
    A "VALID Pennsylvania Drivers License or Non-Drivers ID, along with two (2) acceptable forms of proof of residence, all addresses must match. NO PO BOXES WILL BE ACCEPTED"

(Philadelphia County)

inrem I presented the state ID along with a copy of my bank statement and cell phone bill. The guy who posted before you made me laugh. Of course I have a state ID lol. I need it for so much stuff nowadays. Same goes for everybody.

(Philadelphia County)

Okay so I get something back today from the law. Certified Mail. Had a feeling it was bad, its a denial because it says I have a previous arrest and didn't tell them about it as well as person is not of sound mind to carry (I thought you didn't have to tell them about juvenile arrests, which both were assault and downgraded to misdemeanors). The mental health I was admitted on a 201 status when I was a kid, and it specifically says prohibiting as Sections 302, 303 and 304 of the mental health act. I was approved to own four handguns and both GPU and the State Police use the Instant Check system and check sections 6105 A through C (the eligibility criteria to own a firearm in PA), so I call bull. I'm appealing this and hopefully I make out good.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shs2203 View Post
    Okay so I get something back today from the law. Certified Mail. Had a feeling it was bad, its a denial because it says I have a previous arrest and didn't tell them about it as well as person is not of sound mind to carry (I thought you didn't have to tell them about juvenile arrests, which both were assault and downgraded to misdemeanors). The mental health I was admitted on a 201 status when I was a kid, and it specifically says prohibiting as Sections 302, 303 and 304 of the mental health act. I was approved to own four handguns and both GPU and the State Police use the Instant Check system and check sections 6105 A through C (the eligibility criteria to own a firearm in PA), so I call bull. I'm appealing this and hopefully I make out good.
    Could you elaborate? I was voluntarily admitted to a mental hospital twice. That's not a legitimate reason to deny a LTCF, is it? Is it just because you didn't tell them that, or what?

(Philadelphia County)

They denied me bc I failed to report a prior arrest when I was a kid. I didn't know you had to report juvenile crimes. Because of the type of crime, they feel I am "dangerous to public safety". The crime was assault and it occurred in the last decade. It shouldn't have caused me to be denied Philly looked at their own records and didn't use PICS so I have no appeal rights through PA State Police. I have to go through the L& I Review Board. For the mental health I made a mistake on that I was admitted one time on a 201 status (voluntary sign in by self or p/g). 302/03/04 is involuntary sign in and that is prohibiting. I was not denied on that, just the assault as a kid. Hopefully things will work out with the LIRB.

QUOTE=diversifiedmachine;3263997]Could you elaborate? I was voluntarily admitted to a mental hospital twice. That's not a legitimate reason to deny a LTCF, is it? Is it just because you didn't tell them that, or what?[/QUOTE]

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shs2203 View Post
    They denied me bc I failed to report a prior arrest when I was a kid. I didn't know you had to report juvenile crimes. Because of the type of crime, they feel I am "dangerous to public safety". The crime was assault and it occurred in the last decade. It shouldn't have caused me to be denied Philly looked at their own records and didn't use PICS so I have no appeal rights through PA State Police. I have to go through the L& I Review Board. For the mental health I made a mistake on that I was admitted one time on a 201 status (voluntary sign in by self or p/g). 302/03/04 is involuntary sign in and that is prohibiting. I was not denied on that, just the assault as a kid. Hopefully things will work out with the LIRB.

QUOTE=diversifiedmachine;3263997]Could you elaborate? I was voluntarily admitted to a mental hospital twice. That's not a legitimate reason to deny a LTCF, is it? Is it just because you didn't tell them that, or what?
    [/QUOTE]

Ah, ok great. I also have a charge of simple assault on my record but that was from the past few months, I did anger management and it should be dismissed within the next month or two and then I can have it expunged in a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12