Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default LEOSA holders not exempt from state magazine capacity law

Just re-read the 2010 Obama-updated LEOSA. Holders of LEOSA licenses are not exempt from magazine capacity law. LEOSA covers firearms and ammunition only.

So, traveling through New York (and similar banana republics) carrying your Glock 19 is legal, but its magazine is not. I think New York is happy if you have a (example) 13-round mag but only 7 rounds are stacked in it, but I'm really not sure if that's the case, or if it is that all LEOs will act accordingly.

Default Re: LEOSA holders not exempt from state magazine capacity law

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Just re-read the 2010 Obama-updated LEOSA. Holders of LEOSA licenses are not exempt from magazine capacity law. LEOSA covers firearms and ammunition only.

So, traveling through New York (and similar banana republics) carrying your Glock 19 is legal, but its magazine is not. I think New York is happy if you have a (example) 13-round mag but only 7 rounds are stacked in it, but I'm really not sure if that's the case, or if it is that all LEOs will act accordingly.
    Get it right...LEOSA isn't a license, it's an AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE. It allows an ACTIVE and RETIRED LEO's meeting the LEOSA STANDARD to carry a firearm in all 50 states, territories and possessions of the USA. As you mentioned, magazine capacity WAS not address in the original bill (HR218) or subsequent amendments signed by Obummer., but the FOP is working on resolving that and other issues (like school zones, etc) in an upcoming amendment.

(Indiana County)

And it goes on - “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” My LTCF is not valid in most states, especially in New York or New Jersey, or Maryland.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    L

Get it right...LEOSA isn't a license, it's an AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE. It allows an ACTIVE and RETIRED LEO's meeting the LEOSA STANDARD to carry a firearm in all 50 states, territories and possessions of the USA. As you mentioned, magazine capacity WAS not address in the original bill (HR218) or subsequent amendments signed by Obummer., but the FOP is working on resolving that and other issues (like school zones, etc) in an upcoming amendment.
    Thank you operator for that clarification. The first statement in the body of the LEOSA in part reads...."State Laws not withstanding........" The magazine capacity always had questions, rumors, and legends associated with any discussion since the earliest version of the LEOSA. Even more confusion was the question of having hollow point cartridges loaded in firearms while carrying under the authority of the LEOSA. (Reference to N.J.). Such confusion that when the second or updated safety act was passed, there was inserted a clause which defined ammunition, for the purposes of the act, as any ammo not controlled by federal law. Hollow points are not subject to any federal law, which made clear the question of hollow points being carried in the corrupt state of N.J.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    And it goes on - “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” My LTCF is not valid in most states, especially in New York or New Jersey, or Maryland.
    And before LEOSA, you LTCF was officially recognized in more states than LE credentials.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

I believe the 7-round limitation was struck down in 2013 or 2014. I think it's back to 10-rounds.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    I believe the 7-round limitation was struck down in 2013 or 2014. I think it's back to 10-rounds.
    I thought the same.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    And before LEOSA, you LTCF was officially recognized in more states than LE credentials.
    There lies the rub...so prior to leosa all you needed was an LTCF for recognition? As he said, some animals are more equal, as far as I'm concerned just another way to divide us against each other....by design.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    There lies the rub...so prior to leosa all you needed was an LTCF for recognition? As he said, some animals are more equal, as far as I'm concerned just another way to divide us against each other....by design.
    I don't think the PA LTCF was ever recognized in NY, NJ and MD.

(Berks County)

No it wasn't and isn't.....but it was kind of the point. Everyone being equal and all that.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast