Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Another "loophole"??????????????????

Tonight while driving I tuned in NPR to see what was being said about the Obama proclamations on gun control.

The NPR announcer was talking with a woman involved in Pennsylvania law enforcement about the impact the new executive action
    would have on gun owners in PA. She started off correctly in saying that ALL pistols sold by dealers or individuals must go through the instant check.
    Then she informed the announcer that in PA individuals can sell long arms to another PA resident without an instant check.

She referred to that reality as another "loophole".

That's where I lost it.

That we can sell long arms to one another is a RIGHT. It's been in effect in Pennsylvania for a long as anyone can remember.
    So, how is it that a right supported by LAW in this state has become a "loophole"?

That assumes that the only proper situation that can exist is that all people in Pennsylvania that want to buy a long arm must ask permission from the state and federal government. If I recall correctly, both the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution AND the Pennsylvania Constitution assure the free ownership of firearms.

I'm only saying this to alert gun owners in this state that some Law Enforcement entities and legislators must be reminded that it is not a "LOOPHOLE" but a protected "RIGHT"

Default Re: Another "loophole"??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by puccini View Post
    Tonight while driving I tuned in NPR to see what was being said about the Obama proclamations on gun control.

The NPR announcer was talking with a woman involved in Pennsylvania law enforcement about the impact the new executive action
    would have on gun owners in PA. She started off correctly in saying that ALL pistols sold by dealers or individuals must go through the instant check.
    Then she informed the announcer that in PA individuals can sell long arms to another PA resident without an instant check.

She referred to that reality as another "loophole".

That's where I lost it.

That we can sell long arms to one another is a RIGHT. It's been in effect in Pennsylvania for a long as anyone can remember.
    So, how is it that a right supported by LAW in this state has become a "loophole"?

That assumes that the only proper situation that can exist is that all people in Pennsylvania that want to buy a long arm must ask permission from the state and federal government. If I recall correctly, both the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution AND the Pennsylvania Constitution assure the free ownership of firearms.

I'm only saying this to alert gun owners in this state that some Law Enforcement entities and legislators must be reminded that it is not a "LOOPHOLE" but a protected "RIGHT"
    Can somebody call a doctor to report ^ his psycho ass ^ before he slaughters us at the next PAFOA meet.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

In the twisted mind of the leftist, a loophole is any part of a gun law that benefits firearm owners.

(Clearfield County)

Weren't you around when the ASSualt weapons ban expired? The bigots screamed that obeying the AWB was a loophole.

(Bucks County)

In the twisted (make that simple) mind of the libtard, the gun problem is...well,....simple. If there are no guns, gun violence is impossible. Sort of like, if there are no skunks, skunk stink can't happen. No birds, birdshit can't happen. No alcohol, alcoholics can't happen.

And, since he founders had no idea that electronics would happen, the constitution is an outdated document.

(Chester County)

Cool to think my small collection of pistols, rifles and shotguns are among the 300,000,000+ in the US. If ISIS shows up in my sub-division my neighbors will be banging on my door for me to protect them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    In the twisted mind of the leftist, a loophole is any part of a gun law that benefits firearm owners.
    Benefit goes too far... No it's just any part of a law or lack of law that doesn't trample on our rights. Any path to the individual right to bear arms is a freaking loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Can somebody call a doctor to report ^ his psycho ass ^ before he slaughters us at the next PAFOA meet.
    Why are people who listen to NPR allowed to attend?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Ummm... this is pretty much the "gun show loophole" we've all been warned about. It's not "another" loophole.

The whole loophole thing is crap.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I've always thought that the law should be that we can sell person to person if we can state that we are reasonably certain that the receiver is not prohibited as opposed to "knowingly selling to a prohibited person." Well, who would that include? There are quite a few people that I can be reasonably certain are not prohibited.

Back when I worked in the defense bidness and all of my coworkers had TS clearances , I'd be reasonably certain that none of them were prohibited. The same goes for my brother-in-law who recently retired from the Air Force after 30 years. The guy who was my best man whom I've known since we were 18. Anyone with a current LTCF.

Who wouldn't I say, "Yeah, he's not prohibited"? The guy across the street, I've known him for ten years but don't know much beyond the fact that his wife has nice legs. My nephew's coworker. Some guy that I met at the SGL range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast