Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LTCF woes

(Monroe County)

Default Re: LTCF woes

Quote Originally Posted by instinctiveshooter View Post
    MonteCristo if you still need a ref, I can be your ref. I need to wait until Jan for my 1% local earned income statement from my accountant, but otherwise I am a local resident.
    I wish I had seen this sooner

I went ahead and applied today using my two NJ references that I've know for 20 years.

I went in and the lady accepted my application looked it over and brought it to a CPL. BENTOIZO (might be spelling his name wrong)
    He walked over and said "References must me Monroe County" and I asked where is says that and he said "In our rules"
    and then I said "But it doesn't say that in the statue"
    then he said "But it says so in our rules" and then he said "Fine, turn it in"

The lady took my picture and money but I have a feeling I'm going to be denied. I guess I should have waited to apply with in county references

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post

I went ahead and applied today using my two NJ references that I've know for 20 years.

I went in and the lady accepted my application looked it over and brought it to a CPL. BENTOIZO (might be spelling his name wrong)
    He walked over and said "References must me Monroe County" and I asked where is says that and he said "In our rules"

The lady took my picture and money but I have a feeling I'm going to be denied. I guess I should have waited to apply with in county references
    Please check back in with what happens, either way. If you're denied they are required to send you letter specifying why. "References weren't from MontCo" isn't a legit reason under PA law.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

deputy william bentzoni.(spell?)
    handlebar moustache?
    "in our rules" ... yeah, that class action should be settling soon.
    statute says $1k per offense, 2 offense per ltcf app. due to violation of privacy on exposed postcard to each reference.

you wont be denied (for that reason)
    thanks for the update! my wife just finished filling out her form and we will be going in as soon as she confirms her WV friend's address. LOL!
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    deputy william bentzoni.(spell?)
    handlebar moustache?
    "in our rules" ... yeah, that class action should be settling soon.
    statute says $1k per offense, 2 offense per ltcf app. due to violation of privacy on exposed postcard to each reference.

you wont be denied (for that reason)
    thanks for the update! my wife just finished filling out her form and we will be going in as soon as she confirms her WV friend's address. LOL!
    That's the guy! I knew I had his name spelled wrong. I just respectfully said two sentences to him but he seemed like he didn't want to hear it.

I've got my fingers crossed, hopefully they approve mine.

Well if you need me in case you get denied just let me know, this is getting ridiculous and I am more than happy to help people out.

just got the wife down to sheriff's office, went through the runaround. after argument and a trip up to martins office and back, convinced the desk lady to take the application with an out of state reference and no berkheimer. martin and bentzoni were gone but i swear i saw bentzoni wandering around.
    got my $6 receipt and now we wait.
    checking a firearm is still interesting at the courthouse, they still lock down a good 8' section. nice guards but not the brightest. everyone we spoke to, sheriff deputy, guard, clerks, all recited "its our rules" type BS. not to mention when i walked up to the detector and declared "i need to check a firearm" they were confused as shit for a minute.

oh, the magic word was "why don't you just take the application and deny it if you have cause?" to which they took it. god, it's $6... i've lost more to vending machines.

(York County)

As Twency says, keep us posted... My ONE gripe with Cumberland Co. is that they still ask for 2 in-county references. Mind you they issue on the spot upon passing PICS and I know 100% they have NEVER called my references - I coulda made them up for all it mattered. But still annoying they even ask.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    My ONE gripe with Cumberland Co. is that they still ask for 2 in-county references.
    tell them no. thats what i've done twice now.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    tell them no. thats what i've done twice now.
    Maybe I'm just not committed enough to protest... But since I could give them dozens of Cumberland Co. references, I just fill it out and move on, knowing they'll not call and that my 2 references could be 100% made up. Not suggesting anything... just saying...
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Maybe I'm just not committed enough to protest... But since I could give them dozens of Cumberland Co. references, I just fill it out and move on, knowing they'll not call and that my 2 references could be 100% made up. Not suggesting anything... just saying...
    i understand not wanting to fight. but, today it's no big deal for you, in 5 years it might be though. when they add more hoops for you to jump through.
    today references, tomorrow an expensive safety course run by the sheriff's brother who just happens to kick half the fee back to him.(is that any less reasonable than paperwork from the local earned income tax office, a private company charged with collections?)
    years ago iirc some counties were charging well in excess of the standard fee.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast