Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: LTCF woes

(Monroe County)

Default Re: LTCF woes

Just an update if you subscribed to this post, all of the extra requirements are no longer required, go renew you LTCF
    "fom my cold dead hands"

(Monroe County)

This is my first time applying for a LTCF and I'm in Monroe county. I'm trying to get an application and information online, but it seems the sheriff website is down. I jus want to know what hoops I have to jump through because finding information is impossible (that's how I ended up here, thankfully). Can anybody please tell me what the requirements are now? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    This is my first time applying for a LTCF and I'm in Monroe county. I'm trying to get an application and information online, but it seems the sheriff website is down. I jus want to know what hoops I have to jump through because finding information is impossible (that's how I ended up here, thankfully). Can anybody please tell me what the requirements are now? Thanks.

Go to your County cort house and apply in person at the Sheriff's department. No real hoops to jump through. Paperwork and $25 bucks should do it.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Go to your County cort house and apply in person at the Sheriff's department. No real hoops to jump through. Paperwork and $25 bucks should do it.
    unless they still are denying on the grounds of not providing the berkheimer form and are still denying if you don't use in-county references and are still keeping the money they owe you upon denial for not abiding by either of those illegal requirements.

i heard it's gotten better, it'd be nice for someone to confirm, unlikely i'll be able to get the wife back down there for a while, not really worth the $ again just to make a stand and i wont be up for renewal for years.(played their game for my permit)
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    unless they still are denying on the grounds of not providing the berkheimer form and are still denying if you don't use in-county references and are still keeping the money they owe you upon denial for not abiding by either of those illegal requirements.

i heard it's gotten better, it'd be nice for someone to confirm, unlikely i'll be able to get the wife back down there for a while, not really worth the $ again just to make a stand and i wont be up for renewal for years.(played their game for my permit)
    My wife just applied. No berkheimer for needed & she used two nj residents. She should be getting her ltcf in a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    My wife just applied. No berkheimer for needed & she used two nj residents. She should be getting her ltcf in a week or so
    ah, good. I had heard rumors that he finally started following the law.
    still don't know the exact status of the class action though.

site is up and updated to reflect proper requirements from what I see on my phone.
    http://www.monroecountypa.gov/Dept/S...ponsForms.aspx

I still want my $6 back. and I'm still going to check out the petition requirements to run against him in '19
    voter office said to come back when it was closer that was a year and a half ago when I inquired.
    Last edited by fallenleader; March 25th, 2018 at 11:43 PM.

I wasn't aware that the sheriff played tiddlywinks with county residents. My reference was based on completing the required paperwork as required by law. I see both of you are from Monroe county, so that explains that.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

site is up and updated to reflect proper requirements from what I see on my phone.

I still want my $6 back. and I'm still going to check out the petition requirements to run against him in '19
    voter office said to come back when it was closer that was a year and a half ago when I inquired.
    I hit that link and got a Pop up asking for a username and password saying authorization is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    I hit that link and got a Pop up asking for a username and password saying authorization is required.
    weird, i went on my laptop to make sure my phone didnt screw it up and it works here too.
    maybe it's a problem on your end? either way, the county site is up and functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I wasn't aware that the sheriff played tiddlywinks with county residents. My reference was based on completing the required paperwork as required by law. I see both of you are from Monroe county, so that explains that.
    him and the one before him, guess a consequence of living in what is essentially a river pool where all the city waste runoff collects and votes hard blue.
    led to big lawsuit from few years ago, not finished yet iirc.

You gonna run for sheriff of monroe?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast