Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Toomey challengers......... who are you going to support?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    The gop is happy with these kinds of politicians. They will submarine a true conservative.
    Then it's time we submarine the party leadership.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Like other state-wide races in Pennsylvania, the voters in the Philadelphia suburbs will decide. The bigger cities will vote overwhelmingly D, and the rural counties will roughly balance them out by voting less-overwhelmingly R (take a look at the 2012 results). It's basic arithmetic. The time to "make a statement" with your vote is long past -- nobody cares (or ever did) if you voted for McGovern or Perot. Electability matters, and America will live with the results of its decisions in 2016 for at least a generation. Choosing the farthest-right candidate merely guarantees that you'll be here whining about Senator Sestak next year.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    Like other state-wide races in Pennsylvania, the voters in the Philadelphia suburbs will decide. The bigger cities will vote overwhelmingly D, and the rural counties will roughly balance them out by voting less-overwhelmingly R (take a look at the 2012 results). It's basic arithmetic. The time to "make a statement" with your vote is long past -- nobody cares (or ever did) if you voted for McGovern or Perot. Electability matters, and America will live with the results of its decisions in 2016 for at least a generation. Choosing the farthest-right candidate merely guarantees that you'll be here whining about Senator Sestak next year.
    The problem is the last several years, the Philly burbs have mostly gone Democrat, and it's getting worse.

(Columbia County)

Thing is, while I don't really care if a candidate is far right, I want a candidate who is going to follow the dang constitution. For whatever reason, 'moderates' like Toomey - and most Republicans, for that matter - keep expanding governments powers, which limits our freedoms. Just like Democrats, they keep adding to our debt. Worst of all, they seem to love the NSA and all the data gathering programs, have no problems militarizing our police departments, etc.

I really don't think left and right are as far apart as it seems. Give us a good candidate who won't screw us over, and you'll have your 'electable' person. Toomey's not that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Well, a "Fixing York" public meeting just wrapped up, with Democrat candidate for US Senate John Fetterman, who grew up here in York and was mayor of Braddock, PA, which sounds like a slum by the way he described it with "landlord" problems, Section 8 housing and you can buy a "fixer upper" home for $6-8000. No offense to any Braddock residents, this was HIS description of the town where he was mayor.

I know sitting and listening to a Democrat politician is a form of self-torture, but I did it because I do homework on both sides for elections.

Fetterman touts himself as the "Nation's Coolest Mayor". He has numbers tattooed on his arms that he explained.

He actually said very little that would actually help "fix" York City.

Highlights:

*He supports Black Lives Matter and police need to be more sympathetic to social justice and arrest less people
    *Heroin should be decriminalized. No one should be arrested for a disease and we need to start treating heroin as a disease, not a crime.
    *If we legalized pot, the drug dealers would not have a reason to shoot anyone because they won't be carrying illegal drugs. (he's ignoring that the gang murders are usually about collecting the MONEY, not the little bag of pot)
    *Several times he mentioned the term "gun violence", but ignored talking about doing something against the criminals themselves.
    *"It's amazing that young people are excited about Bernie Sanders, that's exactly what America needs right now". DIRECT QUOTE
    *Social justice blah blah blah, compassion blah blah blah...let the Syrian refugees in!

That about covered the issues discussion. Most of his hour was about a bar in Braddock where they filmed a movie, Levi's jeans (because they gave money and saved his wife's nonprofit that she runs in a church that was about to close doors) and talking about himself. At one point he was talking about the problems in Flint, Michigan but of course, did not mention that HIS party built that city, or should I say demolished it.

WOW. That was painful. This man should be nowhere near any office, let alone US Senate.

Toomey has my vote. We can't allow a Democrat to win.

More about him:
    http://timesleader.com/news/local/50...ate-for-change
    http://articles.philly.com/2016-01-1...are-food-court

Saw on the morning news that this joke, who had next to zero votes in his failed US Senate bid in 2016, is now running for PA Lieutenant Governor. However, don't estimate the stupidity of the Democrat voting base.

Re-read my synopsis on his positions...basically....legalize all drugs, leave all illegal aliens and black lives matter rioters alone for "diversity!" and take away everyone's ability to defend themselves against the druggies, criminals and aliens he enabled.

Basically, his position on every issue is the exact OPPOSITE of what should be done right now.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

For me, it has become very simple. If my republican representative votes like a democrat on issues important to me, I WON'T vote for him. I will pick the best third party candidate I can, or in worst case, simply not cast a vote in that category. If we keep accepting representatives that don't listen to us, what makes you think anything will EVER change?? Maybe, just maybe, if enough republicans lose their election and democrats rule for a bit, republican leaders might wise up and give us someone who will listen.

My stance might lead to some pain, and might cause the fragile status quo to tilt left for an election cycle or two, but I honestly don't think change is possible any other way. Writing our congress people to tell them how very very angry we are that they AGAIN did not support the 2nd amendment has given us exactly what?? They don't give a crap about what we think. They will walk a tightrope and pander to everyone and everything they can in an attempt to not lose one single vote. They don't care about the 2nd, or about small government, or lower taxes, or affordable healthcare or anything else, because IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM!! THEY ARE ABOVE IT ALL!! They ONLY care about getting themselves reelected so the gravy train keeps rolling. We need to impact that in order to have a chance at effecting change. I respect others with a different approach to mine. But remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome this time...

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    For me, it has become very simple. If my republican representative votes like a democrat on issues important to me, I WON'T vote for him. I will pick the best third party candidate I can, or in worst case, simply not cast a vote in that category. If we keep accepting representatives that don't listen to us, what makes you think anything will EVER change?? Maybe, just maybe, if enough republicans lose their election and democrats rule for a bit, republican leaders might wise up and give us someone who will listen.

My stance might lead to some pain, and might cause the fragile status quo to tilt left for an election cycle or two, but I honestly don't think change is possible any other way. Writing our congress people to tell them how very very angry we are that they AGAIN did not support the 2nd amendment has given us exactly what?? They don't give a crap about what we think. They will walk a tightrope and pander to everyone and everything they can in an attempt to not lose one single vote. They don't care about the 2nd, or about small government, or lower taxes, or affordable healthcare or anything else, because IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM!! THEY ARE ABOVE IT ALL!! They ONLY care about getting themselves reelected so the gravy train keeps rolling. We need to impact that in order to have a chance at effecting change. I respect others with a different approach to mine. But remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome this time...
    I use to think the same way years ago but changed my thinking. Sitting back and letting the clear cut enemy of the 2nd win is not the way to go. Once you lose rights they do not easily come back. I wonder if pro 2nd people in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, or California had the same thoughts years ago. "Hey I will not vote for someone who does not think exactly like I do, I will teach my party a lesson" and are still waiting to reap the benefits of that lesson years later while their state continues it descent into 2nd Amendment ignoring hell.

This is where the primary comes in. If we don’t like candidates we need to get someone we consider worthy in. If we don’t work to get a person and then get that person in, that’s on us. You, me and every other person unhappy with Toomey. I don’t know what you’ve done politically and can only speak about myself. I did not look for a candidate to replace Toomey, I did not campaign for someone against him. I did not do the work it would take to replace him. The fact that Toomey is the best we got is on all of us who complain about who is in there but don’t do the groundwork it takes to put someone else in.

So it was Toomey vs Mcginty. While I don’t like Toomey, I do know he will do things to advance the 2nd, Mcginty would not. Not voting for Toomey or picking a 3rd party candidate would only help The antis. I would be doing the antis work for them if I did not vote for Toomey. They love that type of thinking. Mcginty almost won. The Democrats almost got that 1/100th vote where EVERY Senate vote on the 2nd for at least the next 6 years and very possibly beyond would go against it. Pa would be giving the Senate 2 "no’ votes on every pro 2nd piece of legislation. Pa would in effect be on its way to becoming the next Maryland, New Jersey, New York, California. You might think it’s only for a cycle or two, but it could easily be generations and a lost war. That not how I want a lesson to end up.

(Chester County)

I hear what you're saying, and even agree that you have valid points. However, the Republican Party will not allow non-mainstream candidates to "primary" their chosen candidates. As Mitch McConnell once said, we need candidates that can win. (Presuming our candidate could not win.)
    So my issue is, we will never see meaningful change unless we somehow break the previous pattern. We will be doomed to status quo. So how can we get something different to happen? Calling and writing our candidates is apparently of absolutely no use. I write, call, and write again and my reps do the exact opposite of what I ask. The only way that will have an impact is if we can somehow can generate a huge groundswell of support for our causes, and most people either don't understand, don't care, or are not sufficiently motivated to actually get off their butts and do anything.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910