Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Toomey challengers......... who are you going to support?

Exactly what moron decided NOT to run people against him on the GOP side? Who are the people who determine who gets funding and attention that are doing this poor of a job?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Columbia County)

I probably support Toomey due to no solidly pro-gun candidate available. I would like to keep the Senate in Republican hands after the next election due to the extreme likelihood of Supreme Court justice nominations during the next coming years. However I noticed in PA the Pro gun vote isn’t always a sure thing. We are either outnumbered, too many gun owners are voting for the wrong candidate, or too many of us just don’t care. That is until they get their guns taken from them by police and they start a thread on this website giving us a half-ass story about what happen and asking for help.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; January 4th, 2016 at 11:52 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I probably support Toomey due to no solidly pro-gun candidate available. I would like to keep the Senate in Republican hands after the next election due to the extreme likelihood of Supreme Court justice nominations during the next coming years. However I noticed in PA the Pro gun vote isn’t always a sure thing. We are either outnumbered, too many gun owners are voting for the wrong candidate, or too many of us just don’t care. That is until they get their guns taken from them by police and they start a thread on this website giving us a half-ass story about what happen and asking for help.
    Absolutely true. Every word of it.

Gun owners need to solidly back Toomey as sickening as this is because we have no pro-2A savior from any other party capable of actually replacing Toomey. All alternatives for now are absolutely anti-gun.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Exactly what moron decided NOT to run people against him on the GOP side? Who are the people who determine who gets funding and attention that are doing this poor of a job?
    The GOP. Remember, political parties aren't interested in our rights, freedoms, or liberties. They're interested in power. Nothing more. If they think Toomey is a solid incumbent (and they do), they will put all the party's resources into ensuring that he has no competition until the general election.

As for my vote (flame suit on): That row on the ballot will either be blank, or a write-in. I tend to be a single issue voter (gun rights), and IMHO, at this point Toomey is no different than any of the Democrats on the issue I care most about. I can NOT in good conscience vote for him when he's tried twice to implement so-called "common sense gun control" which we all know won't do a damn thing except take more rights away from the law-abiding.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    The GOP. Remember, political parties aren't interested in our rights, freedoms, or liberties. They're interested in power. Nothing more. If they think Toomey is a solid incumbent (and they do), they will put all the party's resources into ensuring that he has no competition until the general election.

As for my vote (flame suit on): That row on the ballot will either be blank, or a write-in. I tend to be a single issue voter (gun rights), and IMHO, at this point Toomey is no different than any of the Democrats on the issue I care most about. I can NOT in good conscience vote for him when he's tried twice to implement so-called "common sense gun control" which we all know won't do a damn thing except take more rights away from the law-abiding.
    Agree with the first part 100%. But that's a very good thing since the only way they get and maintain power is by votes.

But it's beyond a stretch to consider him no different than the dems. Of course none of us agreed with he tried to do but even so it's peanuts compared to what a dem would have supported.

(Bucks County)

All I really know is that Sestak was a 3-Star admiral and lost one because he pissed off the wrong people.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Agree with the first part 100%. But that's a very good thing since the only way they get and maintain power is by votes.
    Your statement is true. But IMHO it doesn't really apply in the situation where the party uses power already obtained to retain that power by suppressing other candidates within the party from coming forward in upcoming elections. I'm not sure how that's a good thing.

Note that I don't really know if this is the case with Toomey, but it's not uncommon for both parties to do this when they feel their "chosen" candidate may be in jeopardy.

But it's beyond a stretch to consider him no different than the dems. Of course none of us agreed with he tried to do but even so it's peanuts compared to what a dem would have supported.
    While I agree with your statement, this won't stop Toomey from trying again if reelected. And with this latest attempt, he's proven he's willing to exploit tragedy to further his aims, which is no different that many of the Democratic gun control proponents.
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Power, espically political power is a very interesting thing. It's all but an illusion and is only effective when those giving the power continue to do so. In this we all saw all that power literally evaporate when those who gave the power took some of it back.

It remains a good thing because the final control of ALL such power rests completely in our hands. It's also our fault completely if we refuse to yield it.

(Berks County)

Power, espically political power is a very interesting thing. It's all but an illusion and is only effective when those giving the power continue to do so. In this we all saw all that power literally evaporate when those who gave the power took some of it back.

It remains a good thing because the final control of ALL such power rests completely in our hands. It's also our fault completely if we refuse to yield it.
    Given there are no primary challengers to Toomey at a time when many conservatives and constitutionalists are unhappy with him over his twice failed attempts to curtail gun rights, I'd say the GOP's power is far from an illusion. So, seeing as the there's no acceptable alternatives, I'll be "taking back" power in the only way I know how: to not vote for the man, either by abstention or by write-in.
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Given there are no primary challengers to Toomey at a time when many conservatives and constitutionalists are unhappy with him over his twice failed attempts to curtail gun rights, I'd say the GOP's power is far from an illusion. So, seeing as the there's no acceptable alternatives, I'll be "taking back" power in the only way I know how: to not vote for the man, either by abstention or by write-in.
    Obviously no unhappy enough. There is nobody stopping anybody from running. And there is nobody stopping anybody from sending money to support any candidate at all. If he has done anything useful Trump had proved my point that the GOP's power is an illusion. They wielded their 'power' but he just ignored it. Woosh! Power evaporated.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast