Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: TEXAS GOVERNOR CHALLENGES OBAMA ON GUN CONTROL: ‘COME AND TAKE IT’

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I've seen that chart before, and I want to know, what are the Union led gun control laws they are talking about? I know about the NFA, but I'm not aware of earlier laws being led the the Unions.
    I suspect that the laws enacted in some states around 1865 to 1900 had to do with legislate to prevent blacks and natives from having guns. Why the words "union lead" on the chart? Don't know.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Scruff, thanks for the link. I just watched it. The libtards on media matters are still keeping their line of crap in the text blocks and comments.
    Yeah, just look at the title of the article - their takeaway was "Chuck Todd Allows Texas Lieutenant Governor To Hype False "Gun-Free Zones" Claim About Mass Shootings"

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    The sheep in Wolf's clothing?
    More like a bitch in a suit.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I've seen that chart before, and I want to know, what are the Union led gun control laws they are talking about? I know about the NFA, but I'm not aware of earlier laws being led the the Unions.
    It seems impossible to find specific laws pertaining to that era so it could be a misstatement. The coal strikes of that time must have led to union workers acquiring firearms for self defence.

http://pabook2.libraries.psu.edu/palitmap/Coal1902.html

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    I suspect that the laws enacted in some states around 1865 to 1900 had to do with legislate to prevent blacks and natives from having guns.
    That part is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I'm all for Texas attitude!
    Thinking you are better than you actually are (and other people) has never been an attitude that appealed to me much.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Thinking you are better than you actually are (and other people) has never been an attitude that appealed to me much.
    Our founding fathers proved themselves RIGHT.

Hokkmike Guest

Let's just hope that Texas doesn't get so smothered with undocumented Democrats who eventually get to vote that it changes the political landscape there. Obama could send 100K Syrian refugees there with the requirement that they must vote as soon as eligible. And, of course, we know the borders are secure.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Let's just hope that Texas doesn't get so smothered with undocumented Democrats who eventually get to vote that it changes the political landscape there. Obama could send 100K Syrian refugees there with the requirement that they must vote as soon as eligible. And, of course, we know the borders are secure.
    That is exactly what the plan has been all along. Fundamental Red to Blue change.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Beaver County)

the union does nor refer to labor unions, it means the federal government, as in "the union army".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    the union does nor refer to labor unions, it means the federal government, as in "the union army".
    That is what I thought.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast