Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Target World in Chalfont

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I had a membership there when they first opened. Yeah , it didn't really improve much over the years.

But I've seen way too much dangerous gun handling and too many groups of buddies that were not focused on safety.

As far as target holders on tracks? How much will they cost to replace when hit? I've seen many of the old holders with bullet hits and lanes closed because of cut cables. Don't forget the holes in the overheads.
    It's funny you mention the carrier cable track. I stopped by this week to shoot and you have to sign a consent form now implying you will have to pay for a new cable track if you destroy it. Makes complete sense to me and nothing I'm concerned about because I'm not shooting at the ceiling. They even posted the cost of the cable on the paperwork, but I don't recall the amount.

Gentlemen behind the counter mentioned someone destroyed a cable shooting a shotgun recently.
    Apparently the guy denied it and, said how do you know it was me?
    The employee said dude you're on camera.

Which I thought was comical.

(Bucks County)

I'm glad they overhauled the range. I haven't been there in a while, but I know a couple of sales guys left and are working at Tanner's and Authority Arms now. I've liked the selection of stuff in the store, just not the prices and that the (used to?) charge $20 for the PICS check when you bought a firearm. And private transfers were around $50, I think. Plus most of the employees were rather surly.

As a former employee put it: "The owner is just trying to make all the money he can."

Full disclosure: I have not been in there in a long time, so things may have improved...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

I went to target world for the first time on Friday. The range was super nice and clean & the staff seemed friendly enough. I guess since it was my first time there, they made me draw a sight picture on a piece of paper and also hold and aim a trainer handgun which had a laser, point it at a target and pull the trigger. The AC was nice on such a on hot day. I'll definitely go back.

(Bucks County)

My kid just texted me this morning. Guess who's the new RSO at Target World?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by carl_g View Post
    I went to target world for the first time on Friday. The range was super nice and clean & the staff seemed friendly enough. I guess since it was my first time there, they made me draw a sight picture on a piece of paper and also hold and aim a trainer handgun which had a laser, point it at a target and pull the trigger. The AC was nice on such a on hot day. I'll definitely go back.
    Omg. Back to that bullshit again?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    My kid just texted me this morning. Guess who's the new RSO at Target World?
    Your kid?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Your kid?
    I was going to say Metz...he got tired of sweating at wicen's
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Your kid?
    We're both good guessers!

Perfect part time job for him. He's a 10+ year USMC vet. His combat experience, being in MARSOC and as a Family Readiness Officer should suit him well there.

Shot at Target World for the last time yesterday. I brought my newly acquired AK pistol & was looking forward to getting some rounds through it but apparently they have a defacto ban on AR & AK pistols.

This must be new as I was just there last month & have shot my AR pistol at Target World without incident all year, Their excuse for ruining my range trip was something along the lines of "rifle caliber pistols are unsafe".

It's nice that Target World has decent ammo pricing (6.99 for .223, $10.99 for 9mm, etc) but I can't support any business that discriminates against patrons under the guise of safety when you have already demonstrated safe handling practices.

(Bucks County)

My guess is that there is more to this-as to why they may have changed/adjusted their policy. Not saying that you weren't previously allowed to shoot yours, but that something made them change/adjust their policy. I have been shooting on numerous occasions at various ranges and have seen people putting pistols with braces up to their shoulder which effectively makes them a short barrel rifle as per ATF. I have also seen people shooting AR pistols with absolutely no control over them. Again, not saying this is you, but my guess is that someone(s) did something stupid that raised a concern. Did you ask to speak with the manager to get a full explanation-if the one given to you by the range officer was not adequate?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast